Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.7

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Interview process was quick and to the point. I interviewed with team leads to determine if there was a fit on any of the teams, then was given a case interview question. Interviews seemed to change greatly depending on the team. While the interview was straight forward, the hiring process took forever, and the negotiation for a higher salary was difficult and took a long time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Williamsburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straightforward. BAH received my resume in advance thanks to some recruiters. I was approached by said recruiters to interview with BAH and while I had no immediate intention to transition into consulting, I thought that it wouldn't hurt. At our first interview, I was given a case study that was verbally described to me. I was given some general information regarding one of the major projects that the firm was currently handling. After the general overview, I was provided with some specific information and afforded the chance to ask some questions as to what I would do as a consulting partner and what I would hope to see as a result.
    After the case study interview, I had a couple of behavioral interviews. Both of which were straightforward. I simply answered as honestly and specifically as I could to each prompt. At the end of both interviews, I was given the chance to ask a few questions on the company and its operations.
    Overall it was a positive experience, and I really enjoyed the conversations with all interviewing parties.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any professional regrets?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2015.

Interview

Campus Interview. Round table discussions the night before then continental breakfast discussion before the round robin behavioral interviews with 2 employees. (principal and lead most likely). Normal behavioral questions about how you would handle different situations. Real life problem solving skills rather than the straight forward case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the process you would use to standardize the quality of your ironing skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

low balled at first but negotiated to market salary. solely based on experience and education

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Speed dating interview style with pairs of team members interviewing each candidate in small rooms. Each round took about 30 minutes per pair. I was a rehire so there weren't the usual consulting questions, it was more to see if I fit within the team's culture. Each team member gave an overview of their jobs, clients, and what they were looking for in a team mate.

The most challenging part of the process was learning the art of patience :) The length of time it took to select a candidate and get a job offer after initial application was longer than I was used to. Applied end of August, phone screen mid September, in person interview early October, offer made 2 weeks later in mid October, background check and cleared to start only 3 days prior to start date in November.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Williamsburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was timely, even if cumbersome. There are many redundancies and you must submit your application no less than 3 or 4 different times, each time you must copy and paste the same information from the last. Otherwise, the interviewers were excellent and everyone I interacted with was extremely professional, friendly, and refreshingly honest.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

3 interviews about 20 minutes a piece with mid-level managers. They were mostly look for "fit" rather than quizzing you on knowledge. It was a low-stress, and well organized day. I think since that time they have switched to a more speed-dating format. I think it really depends on the position. More senior folks will have a longer interview process, but for junior consultants it's a pretty streamlined process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to solve a problem creatively.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Started with an employee referral. Had a phone screen with a recruiter 10 days later. 2 weeks after that I interviewed by 3 people, one at a time. Each asked behavioral questions. Lots of delving into specific situations mentioned in the resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on initial salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2015.

Interview

The pre-screening interview over the phone with my recruiter was probably the hardest part. About 3 weeks later, I had an in-person interview which included 3 separate face-to-face interviews. Each of those largely wanted to know what questions I might have about the group/company, while one of them asked a case question. The case question wasn't difficult to work through and my interviewers worked with me on the case so it felt like teamwork from the start. I was contacted 2 business days later by phone that they wanted to extend an offer to me. I received the formal offer via email the following day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen interview with HR a few days after applying online. Scheduled an in person interview for the following week. 3 consecutive interviews from 3 people initially scheduled on-site, stopped after 2 people completed their interviews that ended up going long by roughly 50% each. HR contact and offer afterwards came from out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where you know with 100% certainty that your solution to a problem is correct, however your client refuses to accept the solution?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe to me what consulting truly is?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working with people that absolutely do not want you to be there under any circumstances? How would you turn the situation into a positive?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2015.

Interview

An employee forwarded my resume to some people and I received a call the following day from a recruiter who basically asked me questions related to my interests. Within a week, I had a phone interview with the manager from the team I'd be working on. After the phone call, they started working on extending me an offer.