Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Disclaimer: I do not have a Full Scope Polygraph, and I work in the Maryland area.

I attempted to apply to Booz Allen over a span of two months. I had two current employees attempting to help get my resume in front of the right people. Over this time period I spoke with no less than four recruiters, and was frequently left without response for weeks at a time. None of the recruiters were Booz; they all were outside consultants with MBO Partners. It was very clear throughout the whole process that as soon as they learned I didn't have an FSP, I was the lowest priority.

One month in, I applied to an open position that did not require a clearance; I finally got a call four weeks later about my application, long after I'd given up and accepted work elsewhere. During this four week period, I worked with two different recruiters trying to get my application seen, and both dropped out of contact without warning.

I get it. The NSA and full-poly jobs are the biggest thing going for Booz. Other things are not a priority. But this experience was far and above the most frustrating hiring experience I've ever seen. I would have even accepted honest responses: "I primarily look at full-scope people. I will try to help you, but it could be awhile while I focus on priority applicants."

But being ignored mid-discussion is bad enough once, much less by four independent individuals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have or are you willing to sit for a full-scope polygraph?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, sold me on the company and the job itself. Seemed cool at first. Set up an interview to come to their L.A. location (actually El Segundo). Three interviews with three different employees (manager, jr. software guy, sr. software guy)... the only interview that I felt was relevant to this position was the Sr. SW person's. He asked to solve certain common problems using algorithms, on the whiteboard. The other 2 interviews were a COMPLETE waste of time.

They were asking ridiculous Google-type questions (How many golf balls, etc... if you have 2 pieces of rope and blah blah blah). How is that even relevant to a software engineering position? They've already done studies that show these types of "Google questions" are COMPLETELY irrelevant to finding a good candidate for these positions, and Google supposedly doesn't even ask them anymore.

The entire interview and drive were a waste of my time. Completely unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by one of their recruiters to come in a invitation only career day at their location in Herndon. As, I went there, I was seated in a large room with several other candidates seating on different tables. Two interviewers would come in and sit with each candidate for about half and hour and leave. This lasted for two hours with three teams interviewing me with some gap in between. As for the interview experience, it seemed not at all relevant to the position applied. Although, I have more of a mobile application development experience, I was interviewed by teams needing database programmers and web developers. What a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in July 2007.

Interview

Interview process was thorough. Had initial interview when recruiter called to offer job opportunity at Booz Allen Hamilton. We discussed the company, the position, and my current salary. Follow up calls was for personal details for the background check. Had the 1-to-1 interview with the hiring manager, project manager, and the technical lead on the project. The interview went very well and I knew I would get the job. I became restless after a week of no response from the recruiter about whether I got the job or not. I learnt finally that the background check usually took longer and without that, no decision could be made. I got my offer letter 2-days before the scheduled start date.

Negotiation

I had no negotiation power since I was more interested in leaving my previous company.