Booz Allen Hamilton Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter, had a phone interview with the team. Was told all kinds of things that turned out to be untrue once i accepted the offer. Accept opportunities from these guys as a last resort. I would not recommend this company to my enemies

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and stuff that i'd done. Asked about my background and stuff that i'd done   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, Goochland, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Centerville, Goochland, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview discussing prior experience. Invited to interview event a week later. Three interviews at event (30-45 mins each). I'm adding this sentence at the end because there is a 30 word minimum.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2017.

Interview

One interview on campus. Very friendly and nice. Casual experience where they were asking what classes I've taken/currently taking. Two on one interview and asked about web development experience. Also asked about basic data structures.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to but they didn't allow for it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with HR. The process took one week. There was a second interview with a Manger. There was a third interview with a group lead and a final interview with the team.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview at college campus was behavioral with some technical questions. Then went to University interviewing event at headquarters in McLean. Had two 30 minute technical and behavioral interviews with a Project Manager and a Chief Engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with 10 people in a speed dating style. Only two people saw that I didn't fit the company. One of the two interviewers was very narrow minded and the other was not even looking for a software engineer. I would consider working with only one of the teams out of all the people I interviewed with. I would not consider this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experiences and information on the resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Belcamp, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter and was asked basic questions about my experience, what type of work I was interested in and salary requirements. After that I attended an interview that felt like speed dating. There were several others who were interviewing for different positions. We were all led into a room and each one of us sat at a separate table. I was Interviewed by 3 team leads from different sectors (software developer, operation research and process engineer). Each person interviewed me for about 30 minutes and generally asked me questions based on my resume. After the interview session, HR advised that they would contact each of us to provide feedback. That didn't happen and I didn't even bother following up with them.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview lasted about an hour. It was a two on one interview in which we discussed my various web applications that I had worked on and my desires as a software engineer. Interviewers talked a lot about projects available at BAH. After this behavior/semi technical part, I was asked a few knowledge questions about OOP and Java specific questions. Lastly, I was given a programming question to whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to print out the elements in common of two arrays.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very casual meet and greet. Talked about technology and what I did in school and asked a few basic technical questions. Conversation quickly turned to the interviewer telling me about all the opportunities at Booz Allen Hamilton and why I should join them.

No whiteboard problems at all.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I went between 3 rooms and was asked about my software engineering experience and past projects. Everyone was very nice and the people I met with were incredibly impressive ("got my dual Master at X College", "I started and sold X company and then came back to Booz"). They genuinely seemed interested in me and honestly kind of gave me the job on the spot ("Yeah, you'll definitely be hearing from us within the week). Super positive experience overall and one that got me very pumped about the job. Booz is hiring like crazy right now.

Interview Questions

• Code the fibonacci experience recursively and iteratively.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me to first determine a salary, and then they accepted it.