Booz Allen Hamilton Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Booz Allen Hamilton

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university and had one on campus interview. Had a one on one interview with a senior manager. Was asked a mixture of behavioral of technical questions and got an offer the next day over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to traverse a binary tree and add up all the values.   1 Answer

Received better offers

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I met with about 4 people, 2 of which were over the phone. Everyone was extremely nice, interested in my capabilities as well as who I was and how I would fit in. I was then called by not only member of team they thought would be a great fit, but the supervisor of the team and his supervisor. They were always willing to answer my questions and when they were unsure, they took the time to figure it out and get back to me. All around a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a system designed to process unstructured data?   Answer Question

Compensation was not up to par with what I was looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

the interview and hiring process is great and professional at Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied via their web system. Received a reply within a few days. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, she pretty much just asked me about the things on my resume. A few days later i had a 1 on 1 interview with 5 employees.

The questions were mostly behavioral. "Tell me about a time when...." sorts of questions. Two of the interviewers gave me a simple algorithm to write out on paper then code onto a laptop. I answered them correctly.

A word to the wise, if you put something on your resume, they'll probably ask you about it. So don't overload your resume, you're not going to impress anyone.

Another tip is to attempt to engage the HR person, i made the mistake of pretty much letting her talk for her 15 minutes, without really engaging her. I don't think it actually cost me the position, but i should have engaged her the same way i did the techies.

My main "issue" with the interview process even though i was told they'd get back to me in a week and i went through the "thank you" letter after the interview bit, not one of those 5 people felt it necessary to ever get back to me. I emailed the HR person two weeks later and i was simply told "We want someone with more experience, please look at other positions on our website".

Overall, i had a positive experience with the staff during the interview, but the whole never getting back to me part is what made this a neutral experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain technical details to someone who didn't have a technical background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

Brought in dozens of candidates, quick presentation, and then a series of interviews in large rooms with other candidates. Talked to one engineer for behavioral interview (who admitted he didn't know how to conduct a behavioral interview so we just walked about me resume) and another for a technical interview (who played dumb with every solution I gave him only to admit at the end that he was jerking me around to see what I said, and that I had the best solutions he'd seen that day). Fed us lunch and then sent us back to the airport.

Interview Questions

• I don't think this will work, what is wrong with your solution?   1 Answer

Lack of respect for candidates, obviously didn't prepare interviewers, shady interviewing practices, and the company overview presentation made the company seem smarmy and shady. Big emphasis that the employees are there to make the company money, not for the company to help the employee. Luckily I had several offers so I didn't need to work someplace that treats you that way.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

Had three one-on-one interviews with different members of the same team. The first one was asking C questions, second was Java questions, third was SQL. Mostly generic entry-level questions (talk about inheritance, foreign keys, etc). Also was given a brief written test in C and Java (30 min each). The Java test was based around a few classes with inheritance (Pet interface, cat class, dog class). Determine what properties transfer, etc. Some basic questions about Spring/Hibernate and general OOP.

Interview Questions

• Binary representation of -1 in 2's complement.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Internal transfer, limited negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Reston, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

very simple interview and expected question. behavioral question , technical question , and some method, class , java, sql,j2ee questions. it was very easy interview process employees and recruiters were friendly. it is best place to work if you have a good project and project manager

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very casual meet and greet. Talked about technology and what I did in school and asked a few basic technical questions. Conversation quickly turned to the interviewer telling me about all the opportunities at Booz Allen Hamilton and why I should join them.

No whiteboard problems at all.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Interviewed with three managers. Got job offer driving back from interview within an hour. Good old days. Got good treatment because I already had clearance. Managers were very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I went between 3 rooms and was asked about my software engineering experience and past projects. Everyone was very nice and the people I met with were incredibly impressive ("got my dual Master at X College", "I started and sold X company and then came back to Booz"). They genuinely seemed interested in me and honestly kind of gave me the job on the spot ("Yeah, you'll definitely be hearing from us within the week). Super positive experience overall and one that got me very pumped about the job. Booz is hiring like crazy right now.

Interview Questions

• Code the fibonacci experience recursively and iteratively.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me to first determine a salary, and then they accepted it.