Booz Allen Hamilton Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with HR. The process took one week. There was a second interview with a Manger. There was a third interview with a group lead and a final interview with the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview at college campus was behavioral with some technical questions. Then went to University interviewing event at headquarters in McLean. Had two 30 minute technical and behavioral interviews with a Project Manager and a Chief Engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with 10 people in a speed dating style. Only two people saw that I didn't fit the company. One of the two interviewers was very narrow minded and the other was not even looking for a software engineer. I would consider working with only one of the teams out of all the people I interviewed with. I would not consider this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experiences and information on the resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Belcamp, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter and was asked basic questions about my experience, what type of work I was interested in and salary requirements. After that I attended an interview that felt like speed dating. There were several others who were interviewing for different positions. We were all led into a room and each one of us sat at a separate table. I was Interviewed by 3 team leads from different sectors (software developer, operation research and process engineer). Each person interviewed me for about 30 minutes and generally asked me questions based on my resume. After the interview session, HR advised that they would contact each of us to provide feedback. That didn't happen and I didn't even bother following up with them.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview lasted about an hour. It was a two on one interview in which we discussed my various web applications that I had worked on and my desires as a software engineer. Interviewers talked a lot about projects available at BAH. After this behavior/semi technical part, I was asked a few knowledge questions about OOP and Java specific questions. Lastly, I was given a programming question to whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to print out the elements in common of two arrays.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very casual meet and greet. Talked about technology and what I did in school and asked a few basic technical questions. Conversation quickly turned to the interviewer telling me about all the opportunities at Booz Allen Hamilton and why I should join them.

No whiteboard problems at all.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I went between 3 rooms and was asked about my software engineering experience and past projects. Everyone was very nice and the people I met with were incredibly impressive ("got my dual Master at X College", "I started and sold X company and then came back to Booz"). They genuinely seemed interested in me and honestly kind of gave me the job on the spot ("Yeah, you'll definitely be hearing from us within the week). Super positive experience overall and one that got me very pumped about the job. Booz is hiring like crazy right now.

Interview Questions

• Code the fibonacci experience recursively and iteratively.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me to first determine a salary, and then they accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Reston, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

very simple interview and expected question. behavioral question , technical question , and some method, class , java, sql,j2ee questions. it was very easy interview process employees and recruiters were friendly. it is best place to work if you have a good project and project manager

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university and had one on campus interview. Had a one on one interview with a senior manager. Was asked a mixture of behavioral of technical questions and got an offer the next day over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to traverse a binary tree and add up all the values.   1 Answer

Received better offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Fairfax, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

They had an immediate need for people so HR set up a face to face interview right away. There were three rounds back to back (I believe there were two teams they considered me for). The first round had the PMs and devs together. They went over my resume and had some standard tech questions for me. The second was just two devs. They had standard questions and asked me to whiteboard in multiple languages. The last round was a nontechnical PM but he still gave me a problem to do (recursion).