Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

Associate Data Scientist/Hadoop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter reached me after viewing my resume in one of job posting websites.I was intially screened by recruiter and my profile was forwarded to hiring manager.I was contacted by hiring manager and had technical phone screen.Then called onsite for inperson interview.I was given an offer at the interview and I accepted it after negotiation with recruiter.Over all the process was smooth and the recruiter was very helpful through out the steps of interview and also before onboarding.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then 5+ hr (was told this would last 1hr) in person round robin and then a follow on phone int. Only ever received glowing feedback, but was handed to IT infrastructure team for final interview, why I don't know. After final phone interview I never heard from them again - not even a thank you for the extensive time I wasted with them.

Interview Questions

• Given your data science background, why would you want to work in IT infrastructure?   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I've applied to Booz Allen many times over the past year, and randomly got an invitation to interview for this position, which I hadn't applied for. I agreed, had a phone interview, and the next day was offered an in-person interview, which I accepted. After a 2 hours drive I met with my interviewer who informed me that the second interviewer had already left for the day, so I would just be working with him. His attitude was tired and despondent, and he acted like he really did not want to be there. It was basically on me to conduct my own interview with this person. After the interview was over he told me I would hear about the job within the week, and then added that he and the other person had done multiple interviews for the position that day, some of which were internal candidates. I found this to be extremely unprofessional, and was basically his way of saying I wasn't going to get the job. The week came and went, and I was never notified about getting, or not getting, the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult client, and how the situation turned out.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

4 phone interviews before an onsite in DC. Offer came during onsite. Negotiation was strict but starting offer was good (90k to 92k).

Offer was rescinded 10 days later when they interviewed an internal candidate after offering to me. Reasonable experience but the lack of transparency and professionalism

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

I came in for a hiring fair. Everyone was very nice, process was straight forward. After the interview my point of contact was very attentive and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview at college campus was behavioral with some technical questions. Then went to University interviewing event at headquarters in McLean. Had two 30 minute technical and behavioral interviews with a Project Manager and a Chief Engineer.

FUSE Event Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was invited to the event by a recruiter. Attended the event with about 50 other students. The event consisted of a networking component and one on one interviews. I had two one on one interviews and got called 3 days later with an offer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall it was very simple behavior questions. Nothing too technical. The interviewer asked me about previous work history and projects that I have done in my field. She also asked me what programming languages I am familiar with.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I initially recruited with Booz Allen by reaching out to alum from my school on LinkedIn. After speaking to several of them, one referred me for a position. It took about a month and a half for me to get called for an interview. It was in-person (McLean, Virginia), and it was speed-dating style with multiple college students. 2 interviews - half hour each. Fairly simple if you know what the firm does and how you can be a good fit. I received an offer 3 days later.

Every point of contact has been incredibly helpful and engaging, from the interviewers themselves to the recruiters. Really great people.

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

several phone screen interviews before reaching a real decision maker. this was a clearance required position and for a distant place with a rather long drive. Once I was with a division head , the questions became properly technical. I found BOOZE to be totally inflexible. After several interviews and in a demand field when the firm is short of people, I have had great success negotiating. These folks denied a 4 days by 10 hour schedule for a candidate coming 75 miles away - each way.

Interview Questions

• questions regarding the RMF process which is fairly new to the Department of Defense which had been DIACAP focused.   Answer Question