Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.7

498 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Attending a hiring event, and there will be 3 to 5 people might be seeing you. You will be assigned a table. It was less former, they did not have a specific job, and they just want to know about you.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your education background   1 Answer
    • Are you a fast learner?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to a recruiter who, after a phone screen, got me into a hiring event. The hiring event was 'speed-dating' style. I had 4 30-minute interviews with associates/managers from different teams. They were mainly interested in my background; the interviews were conversational and felt more like networking. There was no job description, they just want to know if you're a good fit and if you're someone they would like to work with. They also want to determine whether your interests align with their teams.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a challenge. What steps did you take to overcome it?   Answer Question
    • If we were to assign you to a project with one of our clients in a month, which role do you see yourself taking?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a client changed a deadline and wanted you to rush through your work?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Two interviews for positions on two different teams, competed separately. Interviews were one on one with team leads. Interviews were set-up based on submission of resume at job fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you think you would be a good fit? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Really satisfied with this process. I was deployed at the time and they were very patient and understanding with the difficulties that posed. Three hour block/30 min each with who would be my boss and then 2 individuals above that person. Very nice people, asked good questions and answered mine very thoroughly. Couldn't have felt better about the process.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal work environment look like? What led you to apply for this job? What would you do in X situation? What did you do at X job that would prepare you for this one?   Answer Question

Senior Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was structured like speed dating. You enter a room and sit at a table and then the interviewers come and talk to you each for 30 minutes. Your resume is passed around before the interview, and anyone interested can choose to interview you so you can have anywhere from 1-5 during the event. At the end, you rate your top choices on a piece of paper and submit it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. When was a time that you had to deal with a difficult client? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about a project that you worked on, the process behind it and how you measured success.   Answer Question

General Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I first got a phone screening with a recruiter and was then invited to a hiring event. The hiring event was a mix of a networking and interview, where you are assigned a table and three different interviewers come find you for a half hour interview. Be prepared to ask questions and rate your team preferences!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult situation as a manager.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

Great process, I was contacted by a recruiter from an employee referral, I was asked to apply to open position, phone interview same day, in person three days later, offer the following week.

Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply through their online job portal (I got a referral from a current employee), then invited to a hiring fair for a couple positions. Multiple back-to-back interviews both in-person and on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received criticism and how you responded?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by BAH recruiter. They had found my resume online. I was told the company was looking for several Dynamics CRM developers as soon as possible. The job description matched my skill set very closely. I was told someone will contact me to setup an interview within couple of days. I received an email a few days later with instructions to dial in to conduct an interview without coordinating with me prior to the interview time. I received a phone call in the morning of my interview by another recruiter. When I told her that nobody had coordinated with me and I would not be available for the interview, she apologized and setup the interview for another day. I had 45 minutes talk with 3 people over the phone. One interviewer was a lady who said she was not technical but also said that it seemed like I had not done a lot of technical work on my last job because of my title at my last job (CRM Administrator). I told her that my title did not represent my work. The company that I was working for was a small company and the title was misleading and as a matter of fact I had done technical work for them. The other 2 interviewers sounded young but they said they were Architects. I had a hard time understanding them over the phone too. The questions were easy and I answered them all. They asked some behavioral questions too. Two days later I was contacted by the second recruiter who had scheduled my interview, congratulating me that I had got the job. She went over my benefits and pay. One thing that raised a red flag for me during our conversation was that she said why don't you think about this offer (it was on Friday morning) and get back to me on Monday to let me know if you are going to accept the offer. Why would a company want such a thing was a little weird to me. Usually, when a company offers you a job, they want you to accept it right away or as soon as possible. I told her that the offer was acceptable to me and I was excited to join the company.
    She said great, then I will send you the formal offer by Monday COB likely. Another red flag. Why would a offer letter take that long and why likely when I knew that they were looking for candidates as soon as possible. My feeling was that they were looking for people and wanted to line up some candidates and then choose the cheapest one. That is why they wanted to push this back as long as they could so they can interview more people while keeping some in the queue while looking for more candidates. Anyways, I waited until Tuesday, contacted her and asked her how things were going and that I had not received the offer yet. She said she was waiting for the team and that she will get back to me by the end of week (why that long I said to myself). End of week came and no offer letter. She finally called me the next week (10 days after the initial verbal offer) and said unfortunately, team has decided not to move forward with the offer. I guess like I said they found people who asked for less. Very unprofessional. Never in my 15+ years of career had seen anything like this. Fortunately, I received another offer from another company.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied online and got invited to a hiring event. It was a typical hiring event in which they send out invitations to qualified candidates and then you show up at McLean to be interviewed by multiple people. Easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging project and how did you solve/overcome it?   Answer Question