Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.7

163 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Recruiter was so disorganized, never called when he said he would. Couldn't answer even basic questions about the job or the company. Just a really messy experience

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Frankly speaking, going thru the layers of recruiters in order to get to speak to someone is tiring but understandable. I got invited to their hiring event and talked to two people from one project. As I am reflecting, the interview was quite intense and technical; a guy asked me everything on my resume to see if I bs'ed thru and asked me to explain major machine learning models, flask API, git, etc. Afterwards, I spoke to a lady and the lady asked me about hadoop, spark, mapreduce paradigm, a specific function in Pandas, etc. In front of her, I even had to do a coding challenge besides the questions.

Interview Questions

• what is a specific function in Pandas that generates a dummy variable?   Answer Question

Scientific Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. At the end of the phone screen, I was asked to attend a private on-site interview within a couple of days. At the onsite interview, there were 3 managers that asked behavioral type questions.

General Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I first got a phone screening with a recruiter and was then invited to a hiring event. The hiring event was a mix of a networking and interview, where you are assigned a table and three different interviewers come find you for a half hour interview. Be prepared to ask questions and rate your team preferences!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult situation as a manager.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Great process, I was contacted by a recruiter from an employee referral, I was asked to apply to open position, phone interview same day, in person three days later, offer the following week.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Fairly informal interview process. It was approximately two hours long and I met with 4 people in total. The interview was primarily a discussion of the work I would be involved with, with questions mingled about the conversation pertaining to my knowledge, skills, and experience. Questions were generally related to content in the job posting or what I talked about in my resume or cover letter.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very traditional interview process. Short intro about the company and main business lines followed by individual one on one interviews. All candidates were sent to separate interview rooms. Mix of behavioral and professional background questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did not enjoy about your last employer?   Answer Question

Fuse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a large interview event at a conference center. Hundreds of college students were invited. There was a general welcome speech, then we were split into two or three different groups. For about an hour one group had a networking session where interviewees could talk to current employees and learn about specific projects BAH works on. The following hour consisted of two one-on-one interviews with two different hiring managers. Both interviews were very laid back and comfortable. There weren't any trick questions at all.
     It was very conversational. There were snacks too. Lots of snacks.

Interview Questions

• Booz Allen is all over the country. Do you have a preferred location?   Answer Question

Associate - War Plans Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

After being referred by a colleague, I was interviewed, over the phone, by a panel of team members. Questions were almost exclusively cultural, i.e. trying to determine if I was a good fit for the firm.

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter in late October about the senior consultant position and I was setup to interview a week later but somethings fell through. The recruiter reached back out to me late November and we got the ball rolling again and scheduled another interview. It was a general management consultant interview with about 15 other candidates to be interviewed. We were separated into different rooms where I met with 2 different managers working different projects. We discussed my overall skills and background. It was an easy going conversation with both managers, I knew my resume very well and could speak to everything they asked me about. I was even asked about certain Excel skills and I was honest in telling them that I was no expert in Excel but I can always research.

I received positive feedback about my interview within 48 hours and I was offered the position the following week.