Borden Ladner Gervais LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Borden Ladner Gervais LLP Interview Questions

Interviews at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP

2.8

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview with recruiter who had me complete a typing test and tested me on microsoft word, then had another interview with HR which was very pleasant and was hired on the spot.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Brief - simple questions, can you work with different personalities, can you take criticism, weaknesses, any problems working overtime, transportation, strength of skills, do you get along well with co workers, asked about past experience, reference check, really easy going from what I recall

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much movement on vacation or salary

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Typical for a law firm. Not bad, not great. Interviewer had list of about a dozen questions they asked and it got monotonous. It would have been nice if there was more of a conversation type interview as opposed to the typical formal process but that is to be expected of a law firm.

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews (contacted by phone a few weeks before the first interview), 60 candidates for 2-3 positions. Interview followed by reception where candidates are evaluated by firm members through socializing. Phone calls for second interviews in the next 2-3 days. Final hiring decision made after 2nd interviews.

no behavioural questions, most questions concerned why you wanted to work for BLG, and personal background (what do you like to do for fun etc).

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but it was difficult to gauge how well you did.   Answer Question

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

There will be 3 interviews and a dinner. The first interview is with an associate and a partner, the second with a panel of three associates/partners, the third with a senior partner. They will ask a variety of personality-based questions, review your work experience, and question you on your activities at university.

Interview Questions

• Which city should we open an office in?   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Interview

Emailed HR my Resume. Received an email back two days later to setup a meeting. Interview was very casual. HR manager told me they didnt have any positions available at the time but they'd call if something came up. One month later I received a call and got the job.

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult. Mostly just explained my background, casually, in relation to my resume.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Everything was very straight-forward. There were no trick or unexpected questions. The interview mostly consisted of explaining my previous experience and how I could apply my acquired skills to the available position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was 5 pm on a Friday and you were getting ready to go home but there was a last minute request from a lawyer to get something done?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Touched on a lot of past experience, what I learned from that and how I would apply it to my new position. A lot of personality questions, they really wanted to know if i was a good person and if i would really click with everyone I would work with.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work? What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

I met with the PMO Manager and the CIO. The interview lasted approx. 40 mins. I received a phone call back an hour or so after the interview. I was asked general questions about my Project Management experience, and also about Earned Value from the PM Body of Knowledge.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The HR lady was very nice and she told me about the structure of the company and the duties and tasks of an administrative assistant. First she asked me if I know about BLG, then she used the interview guideline sheet to ask me basic questions like what are your strengths, what are some of the greatest experience you have, what does teamwork mean to you etc. The whole process took a little over 30 minutes, I enjoyed having a conversation with her but did not get an offer.