Borders Book Seller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Borders Book Seller Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Borders (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed and friendly. I don't remember too much about it. Again, this was actually like a decade ago but Glassdoor won't let me go that far back. I doubt it was too hard - I got the job! Um, they just asked me some basic questions about why I wanted to work there. The bookseller position appeals to a lot of youths, so the interview can't be too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Borders

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Borders (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

This was a job fair for a new store, so we went in, and the General Manager was sitting at a desk where he was interviewing all day.

Interview Questions

• What things do you not want to do in your job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Borders (Canoga Park, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

They ask about sales experience and literature knowledge.

Book Seller Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Borders in September 2009.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager and she asked me a few basic questions about availability, and the job i was currently holding. She then set up an interview for that week. The interview was one on one and she asked me pretty standard questions, mostly situational questions like "tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer?' and 'what does customer service mean to you' and 'why do you want this job?', etc. there wasn't really any role playing or other curve balls. it was all very standard. I was called a few days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with a manager, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question