Borders Cafe Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Cafe Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Borders in July 2010.

Interview

I had been working for Borders as a bookseller/cafe seller when the position became available. I had previous experience in the cafe and a good relationship with my bosses. I went through a preliminary interview with my stores GM and he asked a lot of difficult questions pertaining to increasing sales and holding my current coworkers accountable. Next I interviewed with a different supervisor in the store who I hadn't become very acquainted with. She asked me questions regarding how I would handle the transition from coworker to supervisor and why I think I should be hired over someone with supervisory experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you could not meet a customers needs? Please explain what happened.   1 Answer
  • How do you think you will handle the leadership position having no prior experience as a supervisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, because I knew the GM and was comfortable with this process...for any other interview I don't think I would have pushed my luck.