Borders Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Borders Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.0

Bookseller/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Borders (East Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Had a one round interview, first with the hiring manager/asst. manager, who then lead me to meet the store manager. Once approved by the store manager, I met the heads of the three different departments (music/cafe, cash/wrap, books). They decided where I would fit best but explained that I would end up working all over the store regardless.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to handle customers in difficult situations i.e. during a mis-handled purchase, a botched return, angry customer that felt mistreated by employee, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt that the offer was generous for the work needed but I felt that I would not be able to negotiate.

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Borders (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted an online application and customer service exam. I received a telephone call the next day from the training supervisor asking me to come in for an interview. Had a great interview with him and shortly after (within a few minutes) had a similar interview with an Ops Manager. Received an offer the next day.

Cashier/Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Borders (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and the store manager. Very normal questions. After the fact, they checked my references. The hiring manager was straightforward, and she knew the stress questions. Expect that the store manager is vague, unclear, and wordy in comparison to his hiring manager.

Interview Questions

I needed full-time, not part-time work; they needed an answer to whether I would work for them in less than 24 hours.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Borders (Freehold, NJ) in April 2008.

Interview

It was just a five minute basic interview, not very difficult. They aready seemed to have their minds made up, so they weren't interested in anything I said. It didn't even last five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer