BorgWarner Interview Questions in Ithaca, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Ithaca, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a mail in 3 days from Ithaca,NY. Interview was scheduled next week. Spoke to Manufacturing and continuous improvement manager- 3 people. Very easy interview on resume. Got a reject by the end of the week.
    Sponsorship is the deal breaker.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Ithaca, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

In short- I am led to believe that this company "ghosts." And that is a terrible thing to do.

The HR rep that contacted me about my scheduled interview gave me a date but named the wrong day, following up after the confusion I learned that she went away on vacation. This was a disaster. After panicking and trying reaching someone else I was able to eventually go to the interview. I felt that I interviewed well, they told me I would hear back in a week or two. I haven't heard back by email or phone, and I reached out to three seperate HR reps via email following up. It's been 3 weeks now. With that being said, I believe this company ghosts, and that is terrible.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Ithaca, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

After sending in a resume I had a phone interview with multiple engineers. Questions regarding classes taken and past and current projects were asked. The interview is geared more towards what you are interested in and where you would fit best for the available positions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Ithaca, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

I was brought in by a staffing company. I completed one or two phone interviews with engineering not HR. I then completed a full day panel interview. All questions that were asked seemed very reasonably. You should be prepare to answer questions about your past experience and give examples etc. I had experience and interest in the core product area. Therefore it was not hard to show interest in product line. I think showing interest in product and willingness to learn and were key to getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the design process   1 Answer
    • How were you able to get something done in a expidated situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what my salary requirement were at the end of my interview day. I received an offer slightly higher with relocation etc.