Boston Biomedical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Biomedical Interview Questions

2.7

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Biomedical.

Interview

I applied online and 1 week later I got an email from the HR asking to have a web seminar of 35min (I was not locate in Boston). Everything was very bad organized from the administration. They didn't give information about the people I was going to speak with or a schedule or something else. Finally I did the seminar and I got many interesting questions. Then unexpectedly, there was a round of one to one talks. I spoke with all the team and the hiring manager. They were nice and interested in my expertises.
    The day after I was contacted again by the same person from the Administration because they got a positive feedback from the hiring manager. She come with a form to fill with all my information, my salary expectation and they required 3 letters of reference. I gave everything and I asked to my references to send the letter to the HR.
    But than....nothing!
    I try to contact them asking for an update but they never replayed. I tried to call but no response!!

It is very rude. A serius company cannot acts like this, mobilizing the energies and the network of the applicants and then not communicate the final decision or response to the email. This gave a clear perception that the company, beside the science, has a very bad managing and no respect for the people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Biomedical.

Interview

Very easy process. Seminar on-site followed by a series of short interviews. Everyone was quite friendly and easy going.
    The whole process was fairly quick (it took about 2 weeks) and ultimately a job offer within a few days of the last interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated the salary offer since it was much lower than what I was expecting / deserved with my experience.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Biomedical (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

This is a Senior Scientist position, I applied online and received an email for notification of onsite review. For onsite review, I was asked for to give a 15-20 mins talk. Except the time and location, no further/detailed information for review. My talk only focused on my experience and key techniques for this position due to limited time. Very weirdly, only some scientists and research associates attended my talk and the HM didn't show up during the whole interview process. After talk, I communicated with two PhD-level junior scientists and senior research associate. After filling in a form with HR, I was dismissed. The whole process was completed within two hours. HR requested the references after interview, but I didn't get any response/decision even after a couple of follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior and questions.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Biomedical.

Interview

I applied this position via the company's website. The hiring manager called to ask a few general questions and scheduled a conference call. I gave a 45 min presentation in the conference call. Almost everyone in the meeting asked questions regarding to my research.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Biomedical.

Interview

Group interview with the team I would eventually work with daily followed by a 1:1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was not negotiable.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Biomedical in October 2013.

Interview

The higher management were not present at the interview process. Didn't meet many people in the company. It took 3 weeks for them to get back to me, with a shockingly low salary. Hard to negotiate. Full of promises. Was asked suddenly" what is your current salary?" Be prepared to answer that question.