Boston Children's Hospital Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter called me. I went for an interview and three people took my interview, they asked me about the projects of my college, how did you solve and did a project in college and which subjects do you enjoy the most.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an interview for a few days later after applying several weeks before. The interview was relatively relaxed with one of the directors and included a tour of a beautiful unit.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the recruiter, where he asked me why I wanted to work there and my career goals. We briefly discussed salary range expectations and set an interview date. I then met with HR for an overview on benefits. Then (same day) I went over to the main hospital and met with the department coordinator and head nurse. There weren't too many questions. They mostly just asked me about specific things on my resume. It was a very friendly environment. Then they went over what a day to day looks like. Then they asked if I had any questions. I got a call with an offer about a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

applied through BCH website. I was contacted by the head of the lab a few days later and had a phone interview that same day. I was invited to the lab for an onsite interview. I met with the head for ~45 min and then met with the entire lab for ~1 hour. After, I was given a tour of the facility and eventually was brought back to the PI. I was told I would hear back in a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Research Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was welcomed into the office and the interview was conducted by four different people over 2 hours. They told me about themselves, asked me to talk about my previous experience and why I was interested in the position. There was a critical thinking part, where they asked me to perform some work that applied to the position in question. Finally, I met with the head of the program briefly.

Quality Improvement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening with an administrator in the department, they were unable to provide feedback on what any specifics of the job entailed. Invited for in person interview first with the director then with other staff members. Found them all to be looking for different candidates, it seemed to be a disjointed interview where they were unsure what they wanted.

Patient Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruited after he saw my resume in their system. It took less than a day to get the time and date of the interview.
    The interview was relaxed. The interviewer took plenty of time explaining the role and the department. She also "checked in" during our conversation to make sure that I thought this would be a good role for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've been in with a customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call about the role, the Children's recruiter left a vm to get in touch with her about the role. However, the phone # given was either fictitious or she didn't pick up calls on that line. After numerous attempts at reaching the recruiter thru that # failed I finally reached her on LinkedIn email. Her response was "I'm in meetings, will call you today". The call never came, nor any other email or communication about the role. A simple "no" would have been easier, but I guess that's why people hate recruiters of all shapes and sizes.

Interview Questions

• What's the color of the sky?   1 Answer

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a person in HR. They first asked me if I was still interested in the position. They then asked me for more detail on my experience related to the position. This information was passed along to the research head, who then decided whether or not to pursue a formal interview. I was contacted a week later to setup a skype interview date as I am located outside of MA and looking to relocate. Another week later I received an email from HR asking for references to contact. After another week the reference was contacted.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and in a few days was asked to come into Boston Children's Hospital for an interview with the project manager and one of the physicians. The interview was very relaxed and felt like the interviewers were simply trying to get to know me through a conversation. It seemed to have gone really well and they said they would let me know their decision in about a week. However, despite sending them a follow up email and leaving a voicemail inquiring about the status of my application, I was never given the courtesy of any sort of response or notification.