Boston Children's Hospital Budget Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Boston Children's Hospital

1 Interview Review

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a negative experience interviewing with Boston Children's for a role in their finance department. It was unfortunate because I had a positive experience with the managers I interviewed with. My experience with the HR contact, however, was extremely unprofessional. I applied online and received an email from an HR professional asking if I could come in for an interview. I had a first round interview with the manager, which went positively. About a week later the HR contact emailed me asking if a few days the following week would work to come in and meet with other members of the team and a senior manager. I responded within an hour saying yes to one of the times. Then I never heard back. I emailed her again a few days later checking in, and didn't hear back. The next week, the day before the time I had confirmed, I figured she probably wanted to cancel, but just to be sure, I emailed one last time to make sure I would not be coming in the next morning for a second round. She emailed back at 6:30 saying she had had a busy day but that we were all set for 9 the next morning. I was shocked but did not want to postpone since I would be interviewing with multiple people. So I went in the next morning for 9, feeling not as prepared as I would have liked. My contact was late, and said that unfortunately since "we had scheduled this interview so last minute," only the senior manager was able to meet with me, not the rest of the team. I was surprised, since I thought the only communication mix-up was this woman not getting back to me. My interview with the senior manager was alright, but as I said I was a little frazzled at this point. Afterward the HR woman sat with me again and talked for awhile about company culture and a lot of random things, and said she would be in touch to set up a third interview with the team. I said that would be fine, and reached out a week later to check in. She emailed back saying they were still making decisions, and then I never heard from her again. Honestly, it was an unfortunate experience and it was unclear to me if they were never serious about interviewing, or what. But, as I said, the employees I interviewed with were great, but the process was pretty terrible.

Interview Questions