Boston Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Children's Hospital

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

1:1 Interview with site supervisor. Basic interview questions. Tour of facility. Lasted around 30 minutes. Step-by-step process of what a typical day looks like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate in my situation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital.

Interview

I was interviewed by my direct supervisor for the position. We had a conversation about my past experiences in healthcare and what I knew about the position. They enjoyed hearing about my knowledge on the department and my goals in the field.

Interview Questions

• More conversational style rather than question/ answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied through our school, got an interview in 2 days. The interviewers asked me some specific questions about my experience in the system they are using.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met my boss in a six sigma class and he offered me an internship

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital.

Interview

It took four interviews to get an entry level position due to logistics, through initially meeting with HR to meeting at university to interviewing with the department two times. The process was long, drawn out and unnecessary. They glide by based off the hospital's reputation and more needs to be done for employee satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• What my biggest strengths were, what past employers would say about my job performance   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview was in two parts - first was a phone screening with the recruiter. This was a fairly typical screening - asking a bit about you, some typical cookie cutter questions, and then asking about salary expectations. Second interview I actually went into the department and spoke with four different people I'd be working with. This was muchore of a flowing conversation rather than a traditional interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The recruiter I met with was very helpful and once he had met me and gone over my resumé he set me up on some interviews within different departments. Overall each department's interview is different, but I had positive experiences all around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. They are upfront about the salary range for the positions and there isn't a ton of wiggle room but they were able to meet my needs.

Administrative Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital.

Interview

The recruiter I met with was not very helpful he printed the benefits and said I cant answer anything about the job but hear go meet the other person no tips or Ieads to potentialy other positions should what I was going for didnt work out. Give the correct info.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken within your degree that directly relates to this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Watch out HR does a bate-in-switch. You apply for one job, and they call you to tell you that job is filled (still on company website) but would you like to interview for other positions. This happened to me and a couple of coworkers.

Interview Questions

• No very difficult, you tell them what they want to hear.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a job, which was needed at the time.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a negative experience interviewing with Boston Children's for a role in their finance department. It was unfortunate because I had a positive experience with the managers I interviewed with. My experience with the HR contact, however, was extremely unprofessional. I applied online and received an email from an HR professional asking if I could come in for an interview. I had a first round interview with the manager, which went positively. About a week later the HR contact emailed me asking if a few days the following week would work to come in and meet with other members of the team and a senior manager. I responded within an hour saying yes to one of the times. Then I never heard back. I emailed her again a few days later checking in, and didn't hear back. The next week, the day before the time I had confirmed, I figured she probably wanted to cancel, but just to be sure, I emailed one last time to make sure I would not be coming in the next morning for a second round. She emailed back at 6:30 saying she had had a busy day but that we were all set for 9 the next morning. I was shocked but did not want to postpone since I would be interviewing with multiple people. So I went in the next morning for 9, feeling not as prepared as I would have liked. My contact was late, and said that unfortunately since "we had scheduled this interview so last minute," only the senior manager was able to meet with me, not the rest of the team. I was surprised, since I thought the only communication mix-up was this woman not getting back to me. My interview with the senior manager was alright, but as I said I was a little frazzled at this point. Afterward the HR woman sat with me again and talked for awhile about company culture and a lot of random things, and said she would be in touch to set up a third interview with the team. I said that would be fine, and reached out a week later to check in. She emailed back saying they were still making decisions, and then I never heard from her again. Honestly, it was an unfortunate experience and it was unclear to me if they were never serious about interviewing, or what. But, as I said, the employees I interviewed with were great, but the process was pretty terrible.