Boston Children's Hospital Research Assistant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Children's Hospital Research Assistant I Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Children's Hospital

2.8

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital in January 2016.

Interview

Professional yet very friendly and stress free. They definitely want to see that you're serious about the job and have previous research experience. Most PI's ask for two year commitments which is reasonable since there is a bit of a learning curve. They're very interested in where you go to school and getting to know you as a person. Phone interview, and if they are interested in pursuing you, they will give you an onsite interview where you will meet members of the lab. If the members of the lab think you're a good fit, the job is yours.

Interview Questions

• What previous research have you done and what research skills do you have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Children's Hospital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Cambridge, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then set up an in person interview by e-mail. Met with two lab members, then two PI's. Lab members asked me general interview questions, such as my greatest strengths and weaknesses. Then I met with the two PI's one after another. They explained their research and asked how my skills would translate to that work. I then took a brief lab calculations and dexterity test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Called and asked me if I was still interested. Once I told them I was, was invited for an in person interview. Was asked to describe research experience, the usual dance.

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital.

Interview

there was nothing out the ordinary. had me meet with several people in the department but all the interviews were one on one. the entire process took about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Got a call from recruiter 1 month after submission of application into online portal. Interviewed with PI and other lab members. Took about 1.5 hours total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision that you made that was a failure. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position mid-December (2016). Received email after the new year to schedule interview (on-site). The interview was very easy going. Met with the PI of the lab first, then talked with other lab members. Followed by a lab tour, misc. The interview in total, about 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a person in HR. They first asked me if I was still interested in the position. They then asked me for more detail on my experience related to the position. This information was passed along to the research head, who then decided whether or not to pursue a formal interview. I was contacted a week later to setup a skype interview date as I am located outside of MA and looking to relocate. Another week later I received an email from HR asking for references to contact. After another week the reference was contacted.