Boston Children's Hospital Research Assistant II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Children's Hospital Research Assistant II Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Children's Hospital

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

applied through BCH website. I was contacted by the head of the lab a few days later and had a phone interview that same day. I was invited to the lab for an onsite interview. I met with the head for ~45 min and then met with the entire lab for ~1 hour. After, I was given a tour of the facility and eventually was brought back to the PI. I was told I would hear back in a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Children's Hospital

Research Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital in July 2015.

Interview

I met with various levels of the lab (the person I would replace, the direct supervisor, the lab manager, the PI) over the course of 2 weeks. When meeting with the person currently in the position and the direct supervisor, it was very informal. There was an emphasis on figuring out my ability to fit into the team; that seemed more important than particular skills. Education and my ability to learn quickly were other emphasized portions of the interview. Overall, I enjoyed meeting with everyone as they were interested in learning about my future goals and interests.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Met a few rounds of people (5 total). The process was quick, they were kind and just asked general questions. They didn't try to trip me up or ask anything unusual; it was pretty straightforward. I first met the one woman I would be working directly under and the former research assistant. The just asked me general questions about my research experience as well as my future interests. They also talked a lot about the study and described what my job duties would be. I asked questions and they answered with a lot of detail. The second interview was with the two biostatisticians of the study and they asked me more directly about experiences I have had with research, statistics, and computers. Then I met with a PR representative (on a different day) before I was offered the position. The PR representative just asked me to talk a lot about myself: personality, hobbies, interests, goals for the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience with research.   1 Answer