Boston College Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I had 2 calls with the recruiter, then a call scheduled with the hiring manager which was cancelled 3 times. Then I was told they decided not to move forward. Then I was contacted 2 days later saying they would like to move forward and had a call scheduled with the hiring manager. I was asked to code a sample project (being a role for a coder). The project instructions were to create a "fresh and modern design". I'm not a designer, and the role was note described as a design role, so I coded it in a fresh way, but left the design as is. I was not asked to move forward after that because they were expecting a better design. So they got a free project out of it.

Orientation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I completed an Online Application with two essay questions, was selected to participate in a Group Interview, and then I received a Final Round Individual Interview all within three months time, ultimately leading to selection.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston College, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston College, MA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online application with general background/involvement experience and an essay question on why I would like to became an RA. Followed by a group interview and an individual interview conducted by two professionals. The group interview was very activity based and seemed to focus more on how we can work and coordinate as a group, interestingly, current RA's were the ones who evaluated you during this portion. The individual interview was 1-on-1 but really2-on-1 as there were two professionals that asked specific questions about your experience with leadership and organizing roles as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one new thing you would do or implement as an RA?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation for location not pay as it is quite standardized. I would say that you should have an idea of where you would like to be placed and a good reason as to why THEY would want you there - think outside of the box!

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

What are current and future faculty demographics? Pay rates? Type of appointments? Comparisons to the national levels?Are there issues involving academic freedom present in the state? Are there statewide union issues?

Interview Questions

• What do you think of your future?   1 Answer

Tennis Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with Daryl for an interview before Summer of 2015. The entire interview was very comfortable and Daryl assessed my skills and experience with tennis while describing the entirety of what the position as tennis instructor would entail. This was a very helpful experience and reassured my fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with tennis?   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with six separate people -- one in charge of hiring, those in charge of the departments I'd be working with, one of the university librarians, and an HR representative. Very detailed, emphasized the community aspect of BC. Was there for two hours and had a tour of the library at the end. They wanted to finish interviews before offering me the position, but were quick to let me know that I was one of only a few to get called in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• (since I had previous experience) What is your favorite part of working at (your current library)?   Answer Question

Student Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very friendly open interview process. Primarily behavioral to understand how you interact with those that you will be serving. First, you submit an online survey to put in your application with basic short answer questions. Usually underclassmen are prioritized for an interview spot as they can train them over their next few years at BC. Interview is casual and comfortable, roughly 20-30 minutes of basic behavioral questions.

Finance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston College, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston College, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through the online application that was emailed out to students. The application included basic information, work experience, GPA, and a few short essays. I would recommend writing a lot for the essays because they are looked at as a "cover letter." A lot of students apply for very few Coordinator positions. Be sure to highlight your strengths, work/extracurricular experiences, and why you would be a good fit. The interview took 30 minutes and was with 2 supervisors. It was very casual and entirely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor? What did you do?   Answer Question

Group Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview and them hired me and sent me to Boston to begin work. They asked me for what I was most interested in doing and then tried to create an internship experience for me around these interests.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience   1 Answer

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I completed a phone interview for an entry level role in the Development Office. The hiring manager took the entire call to ask me why I didn't participate in my senior class fundraising effort (there wasn't one), as BC has had success in this effort. The interviewer even went so far as to tell me that I was wrong and that I must not have been engaged with my University and I was not qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Did you participate in your Senior Class Giving Campaign at your University?   Answer Question