Boston College Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.5

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I had 2 calls with the recruiter, then a call scheduled with the hiring manager which was cancelled 3 times. Then I was told they decided not to move forward. Then I was contacted 2 days later saying they would like to move forward and had a call scheduled with the hiring manager. I was asked to code a sample project (being a role for a coder). The project instructions were to create a "fresh and modern design". I'm not a designer, and the role was note described as a design role, so I coded it in a fresh way, but left the design as is. I was not asked to move forward after that because they were expecting a better design. So they got a free project out of it.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston College, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston College, MA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online application with general background/involvement experience and an essay question on why I would like to became an RA. Followed by a group interview and an individual interview conducted by two professionals. The group interview was very activity based and seemed to focus more on how we can work and coordinate as a group, interestingly, current RA's were the ones who evaluated you during this portion. The individual interview was 1-on-1 but really2-on-1 as there were two professionals that asked specific questions about your experience with leadership and organizing roles as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one new thing you would do or implement as an RA?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation for location not pay as it is quite standardized. I would say that you should have an idea of where you would like to be placed and a good reason as to why THEY would want you there - think outside of the box!

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

What are current and future faculty demographics? Pay rates? Type of appointments? Comparisons to the national levels?Are there issues involving academic freedom present in the state? Are there statewide union issues?

Interview Questions

• What do you think of your future?   1 Answer

Tennis Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with Daryl for an interview before Summer of 2015. The entire interview was very comfortable and Daryl assessed my skills and experience with tennis while describing the entirety of what the position as tennis instructor would entail. This was a very helpful experience and reassured my fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with tennis?   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with six separate people -- one in charge of hiring, those in charge of the departments I'd be working with, one of the university librarians, and an HR representative. Very detailed, emphasized the community aspect of BC. Was there for two hours and had a tour of the library at the end. They wanted to finish interviews before offering me the position, but were quick to let me know that I was one of only a few to get called in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• (since I had previous experience) What is your favorite part of working at (your current library)?   Answer Question

Finance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston College, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston College, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through the online application that was emailed out to students. The application included basic information, work experience, GPA, and a few short essays. I would recommend writing a lot for the essays because they are looked at as a "cover letter." A lot of students apply for very few Coordinator positions. Be sure to highlight your strengths, work/extracurricular experiences, and why you would be a good fit. The interview took 30 minutes and was with 2 supervisors. It was very casual and entirely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor? What did you do?   Answer Question

Group Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview and them hired me and sent me to Boston to begin work. They asked me for what I was most interested in doing and then tried to create an internship experience for me around these interests.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience   1 Answer

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I completed a phone interview for an entry level role in the Development Office. The hiring manager took the entire call to ask me why I didn't participate in my senior class fundraising effort (there wasn't one), as BC has had success in this effort. The interviewer even went so far as to tell me that I was wrong and that I must not have been engaged with my University and I was not qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Did you participate in your Senior Class Giving Campaign at your University?   Answer Question

Firewall Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston College (Brighton, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

After pre-screening by an agency, interviewed with the manager and potential co-workers. Everyone was very pleasant, The most difficult part of the interview was that the job description was not written very clearly, so I was not sure who would be making the firewall changes. During the process of the interview, it became clear that this was primarily a documentation project, and that the skills required were those of a technical analyst, project manager, and documentation specialist.

Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and also had a friend recommend me for the job who already worked there. There was 1 Interview, the manager was very nice and comforting. Simple tech based questions were asked, no curveballs.

Interview Questions

• None, just a typical behavioral interview. Be sure to know about what experience you have with tech.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations