Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Administrative Assistant

Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2017

3.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process was 1 phone, 2 video, and 1 in person. Everyone was very welcoming and easy to talk to, which made it easy to develop a rapport with the interviewers and each interview felt more like a conversation than a Q and A. It took less than two weeks from the time I applied to the time of offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

1 phone screen with Corporate Recruiter, 2 video interviews with current employees who worked as an Admin Assistant at one point in time, 1 on site visit with the manager of the team

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake, how did you fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and heard back from HR within 2 weeks of applying. From that point forward the process took over a month, with a mix of phone, in-person, and WebEx interviews. Everything moved relatively quickly up until the end when I was told I would hear back with a final decision in a few days but did not end up hearing back for several weeks. Everyone was very pleasant and professional during all my interviews. When I was informed I did not receive the job I was encouraged to still apply to other BCG positions and again was treated very nicely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview+2 video interviews+1 In person interview. Every one was really nice, seemed to really want to get to know you and did not accept generic answers so be honest and be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online on the BCG website. The next day, I was emailed about a phone interview offer with the HR manager. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and then received email saying that the position was filled about a month later

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume. Time you faced a challenge. Time you had to deal with standing up/presenting in front of higher ups.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Initial phone call first, then one on one interview, and then called back for a more relaxed getting to know you interview. Amazing experience even though I was denied. BCG is a fantastic company and anyone would be lucky to work there.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how you are able to stay organized in a hectic environment?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There were 5 interviews total: 2 phone, 2 video and 1 in person. Very basic interview questions, super relaxed. During the last interview the manager seemed very uninterested a little unprofessional but everyone else, including him was extremely pleasant to speak with. When they say "we will reach out in a couple of days," expect at least a week.

Interview Questions

• weaknesses and strengths   1 Answer
    • a mistake you've made professionally and personally   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer
    • What is your dream job look like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It is a very conversational interview on the phone first. The recruiter is very nice to talk to. They want to get to know you better instead of talking directly about the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

The process is two phone interviews, two video interviews, and one in person interview. I made it through the first two. The ladies I spoke with were polite and easy to talk to.

I was emailed the day after submitting my application (Tuesday) regarding my availability to interview within the next few days. I interviewed on that Friday and was contacted the following Tuesday for my next interview, which was scheduled for that Thursday. I was notified that I would not be proceeding within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Take three to five minutes to walk me through your educational and professional background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month from the time I applied to hearing my decision. The process consisted of 1 phone interview, 2 web/phone interviews and 1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • What 3 adjectives would your employer use to best describe you?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What is one mistake you've made and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question