Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

3.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There were 5 interviews total: 2 phone, 2 video and 1 in person. Very basic interview questions, super relaxed. During the last interview the manager seemed very uninterested a little unprofessional but everyone else, including him was extremely pleasant to speak with. When they say "we will reach out in a couple of days," expect at least a week.

Interview Questions

• weaknesses and strengths   1 Answer
  • a mistake you've made professionally and personally   1 Answer
  • Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer
  • What is your dream job look like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month from the time I applied to hearing my decision. The process consisted of 1 phone interview, 2 web/phone interviews and 1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • What 3 adjectives would your employer use to best describe you?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What is one mistake you've made and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed a phone interview, but wasn't offered any additional interviews. I was told that if the hiring manager wanted to continue further with me, there would be two video interviews to follow and I would assume a face-to-face interview later. I was told a decision would be made the following business day after my initial phone interview, which is accurate. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and it was much more like a conversation than a Q & A interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2017.

Interview

She called right when she said she was going to. She asked a few basic interview questions and then gave me a description of the job and the salary and benefits for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company? Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a preliminary phone interview to learn more about the company, the role, benefits and compensation. There were a few interview questions during this call but they were the standard "tell me about yourself" questions. I then had two back to back video interviews using a web conference software. The questions were much more detailed for this round. The final stage was in-person interview and that one was surprisingly easy too. It was much more conversational than I expected it to be!
    All four interviews were super pleasant! Each interviewer was extremely kind, professional and informative. The total process between phone interview to offer letter took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills and past experience have you had that align with the position you're applying for?   1 Answer
    • Tell me reason someone might NOT like you in the workplace.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you failed. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes. The lady was very nice and made sure I was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work and education history.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very short. I had a telephone interview for this position at the Atlanta office. I got the phone call at the appointed time and the interviewer asked to tell her a little bit about myself and my accomplishments in about 3-4 minutes. After this she asked about my job experience and told me that she would forward my file to the hiring manager and they would contact me in a few days about their decision on whether or not I would continue in the interview process. The interviewer was friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in 3-4 minutes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had applied through their website and then got a call the next day to set up two video conference interviews for the next week. Those went well and I was invited to meet the supervisor over the administrative assistant's the next week. The interview went well and I was told to expect a decision in the next few days. I met with him on a Tuesday, and still have not heard anything back almost 4 weeks later. This was around the holidays so I understand people being out and catching up, but this is ridiculous to not hear anything back from such a reputable company. I am disappointed that I do not have any closure on this job as I did highly respect the company and its reputation.

Interview Questions

• If money was not a factor what would you do with your life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 6 interviews for this role. 1 phone interview , 4 via video and 1 face to face. Everyone was very friendly and the interviews flowed well. They are very quick at getting back to you after the interviews with results. Expect a ton of scenario questions and having to explain your past work experiences in depth.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a strength and a weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me in detail about a past work related experience you had where you failed and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, and two subsequent video interviews. They were lengthy and were with 3 different hiring managers. They seem very stoic and uninterested in what you're saying and more how you say it.