Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2017

3.2

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Initial phone call first, then one on one interview, and then called back for a more relaxed getting to know you interview. Amazing experience even though I was denied. BCG is a fantastic company and anyone would be lucky to work there.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how you are able to stay organized in a hectic environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There were 5 interviews total: 2 phone, 2 video and 1 in person. Very basic interview questions, super relaxed. During the last interview the manager seemed very uninterested a little unprofessional but everyone else, including him was extremely pleasant to speak with. When they say "we will reach out in a couple of days," expect at least a week.

Interview Questions

• weaknesses and strengths   1 Answer
    • a mistake you've made professionally and personally   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer
    • What is your dream job look like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It is a very conversational interview on the phone first. The recruiter is very nice to talk to. They want to get to know you better instead of talking directly about the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

The process is two phone interviews, two video interviews, and one in person interview. I made it through the first two. The ladies I spoke with were polite and easy to talk to.

I was emailed the day after submitting my application (Tuesday) regarding my availability to interview within the next few days. I interviewed on that Friday and was contacted the following Tuesday for my next interview, which was scheduled for that Thursday. I was notified that I would not be proceeding within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Take three to five minutes to walk me through your educational and professional background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month from the time I applied to hearing my decision. The process consisted of 1 phone interview, 2 web/phone interviews and 1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • What 3 adjectives would your employer use to best describe you?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What is one mistake you've made and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed a phone interview, but wasn't offered any additional interviews. I was told that if the hiring manager wanted to continue further with me, there would be two video interviews to follow and I would assume a face-to-face interview later. I was told a decision would be made the following business day after my initial phone interview, which is accurate. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and it was much more like a conversation than a Q & A interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by 2 video interviews and a final in person interview. The process was about 2 weeks. It was a quick straight forward process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2017.

Interview

She called right when she said she was going to. She asked a few basic interview questions and then gave me a description of the job and the salary and benefits for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company? Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a preliminary phone interview to learn more about the company, the role, benefits and compensation. There were a few interview questions during this call but they were the standard "tell me about yourself" questions. I then had two back to back video interviews using a web conference software. The questions were much more detailed for this round. The final stage was in-person interview and that one was surprisingly easy too. It was much more conversational than I expected it to be!
    All four interviews were super pleasant! Each interviewer was extremely kind, professional and informative. The total process between phone interview to offer letter took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills and past experience have you had that align with the position you're applying for?   1 Answer
    • Tell me reason someone might NOT like you in the workplace.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you failed. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes. The lady was very nice and made sure I was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work and education history.   1 Answer