Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2017

3.2

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview first of three interviews. I was contacted a week later informing me that they had chosen other candidates.The recruiter was monotone and asked over 8 questions, the interview lasted 35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your past positions
    Describe how you are organized
    What is your weakness and what have you done to improve?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month from the time I applied to hearing my decision. The process consisted of 1 phone interview, 2 web/phone interviews and 1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • What 3 adjectives would your employer use to best describe you?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What is one mistake you've made and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit much for an AA Position but due to BCG being a premiere consulting firm it's kind of understandable. Still, it was the longest for any admin position I've interviewed for. Interviews were with 8 different people, including phone, video conference and in-person. On average the interviews were about 30 minutes long each. It took about 3 weeks for all interviews to be conducted. After the process was complete, I was updated with my status about 3 days later, as promised. Even though the process was overly extensive everyone was nice, easy to talk to and encouraged you to realms and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it.
      2. Tell me reasons people don't like you in the workplace
      3. Why did you apply for this position and what is it do you like/disklike about being an AA   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 6 interviews for this role. 1 phone interview , 4 via video and 1 face to face. Everyone was very friendly and the interviews flowed well. They are very quick at getting back to you after the interviews with results. Expect a ton of scenario questions and having to explain your past work experiences in depth.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a strength and a weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me in detail about a past work related experience you had where you failed and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an app and a recruiter contacted me for a phone imterview.She contacted me the same day and I was scheduled for a video interview. I thought everything went well and was told they would contact me by the end of the week. I checked my email the same day and had received a denial! I was really disappointed because I was qualified for the position. I also noticed by reading these other interview reviews, alot of people get denied. It's evident they are too picky and missing out on some good candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how do I handle the situation where one project lead had something due by 5 and an emergency project came in   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I took part in peer interviews with two individuals from the team. One of the interviewers was an Executive Assistant and the second was an Administrative Assistant. This was followed by an interview with the line manager for the team and then an interview with the Office Coordinator who oversees the department.

Negotiation

Advice: Ask for more compensation then they are offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got first phone interview from a recruiter. After the phone interview, they choose if they want to bring you back in. I spoke with a young HR girl. All questions were very situational and hard. You had to think of specific times from work and provide examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used your intuition to make a decsision   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Initial phone call first, then one on one interview, and then called back for a more relaxed getting to know you interview. Amazing experience even though I was denied. BCG is a fantastic company and anyone would be lucky to work there.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how you are able to stay organized in a hectic environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by 2 video interviews and a final in person interview. The process was about 2 weeks. It was a quick straight forward process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It is a very conversational interview on the phone first. The recruiter is very nice to talk to. They want to get to know you better instead of talking directly about the position.