Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

3.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview first of three interviews. I was contacted a week later informing me that they had chosen other candidates.The recruiter was monotone and asked over 8 questions, the interview lasted 35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your past positions
    Describe how you are organized
    What is your weakness and what have you done to improve?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit much for an AA Position but due to BCG being a premiere consulting firm it's kind of understandable. Still, it was the longest for any admin position I've interviewed for. Interviews were with 8 different people, including phone, video conference and in-person. On average the interviews were about 30 minutes long each. It took about 3 weeks for all interviews to be conducted. After the process was complete, I was updated with my status about 3 days later, as promised. Even though the process was overly extensive everyone was nice, easy to talk to and encouraged you to realms and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it.
      2. Tell me reasons people don't like you in the workplace
      3. Why did you apply for this position and what is it do you like/disklike about being an AA
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 6 interviews for this role. 1 phone interview , 4 via video and 1 face to face. Everyone was very friendly and the interviews flowed well. They are very quick at getting back to you after the interviews with results. Expect a ton of scenario questions and having to explain your past work experiences in depth.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a strength and a weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me in detail about a past work related experience you had where you failed and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an app and a recruiter contacted me for a phone imterview.She contacted me the same day and I was scheduled for a video interview. I thought everything went well and was told they would contact me by the end of the week. I checked my email the same day and had received a denial! I was really disappointed because I was qualified for the position. I also noticed by reading these other interview reviews, alot of people get denied. It's evident they are too picky and missing out on some good candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how do I handle the situation where one project lead had something due by 5 and an emergency project came in   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I took part in peer interviews with two individuals from the team. One of the interviewers was an Executive Assistant and the second was an Administrative Assistant. This was followed by an interview with the line manager for the team and then an interview with the Office Coordinator who oversees the department.

Negotiation

Advice: Ask for more compensation then they are offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got first phone interview from a recruiter. After the phone interview, they choose if they want to bring you back in. I spoke with a young HR girl. All questions were very situational and hard. You had to think of specific times from work and provide examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used your intuition to make a decsision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a preliminary phone interview to learn more about the company, the role, benefits and compensation. There were a few interview questions during this call but they were the standard "tell me about yourself" questions. I then had two back to back video interviews using a web conference software. The questions were much more detailed for this round. The final stage was in-person interview and that one was surprisingly easy too. It was much more conversational than I expected it to be!
    All four interviews were super pleasant! Each interviewer was extremely kind, professional and informative. The total process between phone interview to offer letter took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills and past experience have you had that align with the position you're applying for?   Answer Question
    • Tell me reason someone might NOT like you in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes. The lady was very nice and made sure I was relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had applied through their website and then got a call the next day to set up two video conference interviews for the next week. Those went well and I was invited to meet the supervisor over the administrative assistant's the next week. The interview went well and I was told to expect a decision in the next few days. I met with him on a Tuesday, and still have not heard anything back almost 4 weeks later. This was around the holidays so I understand people being out and catching up, but this is ridiculous to not hear anything back from such a reputable company. I am disappointed that I do not have any closure on this job as I did highly respect the company and its reputation.

Interview Questions

• If money was not a factor what would you do with your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, and two subsequent video interviews. They were lengthy and were with 3 different hiring managers. They seem very stoic and uninterested in what you're saying and more how you say it.