Boston Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was at the office for two case preparation meetings. Then, I took the online case and it was really difficult. I am still waiting, after 30 days, to get a response from them.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about exponential operations difficult to perform without a calculator.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process at the BCG is a very aggressive and dyanmic one, there are a lot of screening tests to eliminate out a lot of prospective candidates and retain only the good one. The process started with an aptitude test of forty minutes to screen out employees, and then GD in two different groups, followed by personal interviews which lasted for 40-50 minutes each. There were two personal interviews

Interview Questions

• there were a lot of guesstimates in the interview questions to test the approach and thinking abilities also questions related to economics and finance.

guesstimates included finding the revenue of stadiums like firoz shah kotla in a particular match played there.
      questions on economics were about macroeconomic indicators of the economy and some about statistics   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very rigorous. They conduct multiple rounds of interviews. HR round followed by technical rounds with multiple interviewers, skill based test, etc. Each round they test your people skills, team skills, leadership skills, subject knowledge, problem solving capability by giving you case studies. You need to keep a lot of patience as you will have atleast 6 to 8 rounds of interviews here at BCG.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

I got an interview through a referral. All communications were very cordial, and my impression of the office culture was that it was surprisingly calm and upbeat. The interview process consists of two short interviews with different consultants. In each of the two, you briefly go through your resume and talk about your background, then delve into a case question. Although I was very nervous and faltered during the first interview, my interviewer was kind and offered help when I needed it. My second interview went much better — I would almost say it was fun, and my interviewer was very friendly. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• My first question was essentially a pure math question, and it really threw me off.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Haven, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview located at the on-campus recruiting center consisted of two 45 minute case studies. One was harder and the other easier. The interviewers were perfectly friendly for the most part, but not particularly encouraging or enthusiastic. They told me I would hear back after one week; nine days later I got the message that I was declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

two rounds of 1 on 1 case analysis; about 45 min each; talking to the associates or partners. Cases are pretty typical, you could find them in all online case books. Cases often involve calculations as well as tables or graphs. Very interesting experience for non business students. surely need practise.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow (Russia)) in February 2011.

Interview

The first round consisted of two one-on-one case interviews with associates and a computer-based test. The second (and final round) consisted of a one-on-one interview with a principal, a written case and an interview with a partner.
    The written case is something specific to the Moscow office. I was given a folder with quite a lot of information and in 2 hours had to produce a presentation with slides including a recommendation on future action. The case they used is called "EuroCement" and they use it year after year, so its worth trying to find it.

Interview Questions

• Computer the IRR for a project in my head without doing paper calculations.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2008.

Interview

good and clear straight to the point

Interview Questions

• how to improve south east asia regional airline industry   Answer Question
    • how many people should the new call center would hire in order to servicee sufficiently   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

BCG's HR people were pleasant and easy to schedule with. Their interview process was standard: 2 back to back on campus interviews, with a second round at office of preference. Partners/ higher level consultants at interview were cordial, but uninviting and seemingly uninterested in their potential hires.

Interview Questions

• I have a secondary Spanish degree on my diploma, so on my resume, i included that i was fluent in spanish. A native speaking partner at the second round interview told me - in spanish - that we would be conducting the entire interview in spanish.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

A simple phone screen. Recruiter was cold, and unfriendly. Questions were vague and there didn't really seem to be a lot of thought put behind them. Then rapid-fire questions over my pay and benefits of my current position, almost as if I was trying to be tripped up. All this with a tone of disbelief. Made me think twice about applying to BCG again - if this was a glimpse into how HR approaches staff, I'd like a company that views their employees as human capital that should be valued, rather than adversaries. I left feeling like the latter.

Interview Questions

• Go through your whole CV from the time you left college   Answer Question