Boston Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

A simple phone screen. Recruiter was cold, and unfriendly. Questions were vague and there didn't really seem to be a lot of thought put behind them. Then rapid-fire questions over my pay and benefits of my current position, almost as if I was trying to be tripped up. All this with a tone of disbelief. Made me think twice about applying to BCG again - if this was a glimpse into how HR approaches staff, I'd like a company that views their employees as human capital that should be valued, rather than adversaries. I left feeling like the latter.

Interview Questions

• Go through your whole CV from the time you left college   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview with one individual, followed by an in office interview and task. The task came first, for about 45 minutes, followed by the interview for about the same amount time.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Shanghai Boston consulting group for part-time analyst. It was overall great experience and you got to learn a lot from this interview. I recommend it. If you want to work in consulting industry after, definitely try this one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Informal chat at a cafe, one analyst shared his experience and answered any questions we raised about working opportunity in BCG. It is very informal and comfortable. This may help candidate know better than giving a presentation alone.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process at the BCG is a very aggressive and dyanmic one, there are a lot of screening tests to eliminate out a lot of prospective candidates and retain only the good one. The process started with an aptitude test of forty minutes to screen out employees, and then GD in two different groups, followed by personal interviews which lasted for 40-50 minutes each. There were two personal interviews

Interview Questions

• there were a lot of guesstimates in the interview questions to test the approach and thinking abilities also questions related to economics and finance.

guesstimates included finding the revenue of stadiums like firoz shah kotla in a particular match played there.
      questions on economics were about macroeconomic indicators of the economy and some about statistics   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of interview- first round of interview was- HR round, second round of interview was Team lead round and last round of interview was with a function al head.

Interview Questions

• All they wanted to know was. Why i was leaving my current job and why do i want to work for BCG.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

2 interviews: one with human resource guy about motivation and CV (personal skills that qualify you to do this job) and the other one with an associate about a business case ( you need to figure out a way to determine an excess of resources in a company's project)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very rigorous. They conduct multiple rounds of interviews. HR round followed by technical rounds with multiple interviewers, skill based test, etc. Each round they test your people skills, team skills, leadership skills, subject knowledge, problem solving capability by giving you case studies. You need to keep a lot of patience as you will have atleast 6 to 8 rounds of interviews here at BCG.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was at the office for two case preparation meetings. Then, I took the online case and it was really difficult. I am still waiting, after 30 days, to get a response from them.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about exponential operations difficult to perform without a calculator.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Really important to network beforehand. Very hard to secure an interview without getting to know the people in the office you want to work in. The interview is devided into 2 parts: fit, and case. The fit part should be about 10-15 minutes. You will need to walk the consultant through your resume, and answer question about your background. The case is a straight up consulting case.