Boston Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

3.8

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Had an on-campus first round interview. 2 interviewers, each of whom spent about 10-15 minutes on fit and 30 on cases. The cases were pretty standard, maybe more data intensive than Bain's. They seemed to want me to crunch numbers rather than think outside the box.

Interview Questions

• Name a leader who you think is successful and explain what specifically they do that makes them so effective. Not difficult, but it just threw me because I wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume on campus and through their website, and heard back within less than a week. I attended their info session, which was not very useful in terms of learning about cases but was a good opportunity to see their (impressive) offices. The actual interview was very straight-forward, although I did not feel like the interviewers actually tried to get to know me. It was all "down-to-business." It might have been because they were tired -- it was an 8am interview and they admitted to working long hours. Either way, it's a great company and that becomes evident as soon as you walk into the door. However, the interview process could certainly be improved and interviewers should be held to a higher standard.

Interview Questions

• There were two cases, one with each interviewer. Pretty standard cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Had one face-to-face interview on campus. Interviewer asked basic questions, mainly about myself and my qualifications. Then , the interviewer received a phone call as proceeded to have a conversation during our interview! After he hung up, he didn't even apologize.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Online application and a little back and forth with the recruitment manager. First round interview was in person, with two consultants. The interviews were tough and the consultants don't provide too much comfort if you get off to a shaky start. This was followed by a 1 hour 'aptitude test', involving verbal and numerical comprehension and reasoning. It started easy then got quite difficult towards the end, and was very business focussed, in comparison to some of the more generic aptitude tests out there.

Interview Questions

• A case study about a customer service phone company in Kenya. The question was actually asking to calculate the per unit profit.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was first invited to a preparation Workshop, it covered the firm’s culture, recruitment process and a sample case analysis. I found the sample case analysis very useful. So there were 3 rounds of interview, each round composed of 2 case interviews. I was interviewed by a principal first, and then a consultant. Unfortunately, I did not make it through the first round. I would recommend interviewees to develop a framework instead of tackling the questions intuitively.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed on campus, standard initial round of two case interviews. Lots of feedback provided. Then an additional case prep and second round which consistent of three case interviews. People were very friendly. May be due to the fact that people were recruiting on campus. I interviewed from DC for New York.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)).

Interview

Die Kommunikation mit der Personalabteilung war sehr effizient und äußerst freundlich.

Die erste Runde der Vorstellungsgespräche war wie beschrieben. 2 Gespräche mit Fällen. Die Interviewer waren sehr freundlich. Die Fälle waren nicht schwierig, aber die Zeit war sehr begrenzt. Der Online-Fall war nicht so numerisch, sondern er ging eher um Geschäftssinn und Logik.

Die zweite Runde besteht aus drei Gesprächen mit Fällen, und sie sind schwieriger. Die Eignung zur Firma ist der wichtigere Teil, nehme ich an.

BCG rief mit ganz gutem Feedback nachher an.

Interview Questions

• Wie würden Sie sich fühlen, nachdem Sie eine Analyse durchgeführt hätten und die beste Möglichkeit für einen Klienten gefunden hätten, wenn er sich für einen anderen Weg entscheiden würde, von dem Sie wissen, dass er ihm nicht so viel Nutzen bringen würde?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Interviewed on university campus for first round interview. Interviewed by 2 different people, each was 45 minutes long. The interviews had a few behavioral questions followed by a case and then time for questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when it was difficult to be a leader   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied for the summer recruitment drive. First round interview over Video conference since I applied for Dubai office. Good at feedback. Not so good at organising interview dates. Try to go for in person interviews if possible unless you are very good at communicating thought process to interviewer over video.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through online system, email came a couple of weeks after, and it contains interview invitation. Interview consisted of two case interviews by separate interviewers, who are both principals in BCG Singapore. Each interviewer starts by asking some fit questions such as 'why consulting?', 'why BCG?', and 'why you?'. That was followed by a case and an opportunity to ask the interviewers a few questions.

Interview Questions

• The first case was about a market entry strategy for a researcher that has invented a novel laser technology. The second case was about a strategy to increase productivity in Singapore. The latter one was particularly hard because it was not like typical case interview questions. There was an equation given and you're supposed to compare between Singapore's productivity and New York's.   Answer Question