Boston Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

3.8

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch besteht aus insgesamt drei Teilen: Zwei Interviews, die jeweils aus einem persönlichen Gespräch und einem kleinen Case bestehen, und einem online Test am Rechner. In einer zweiten Runde gibt es dann weitere Gespräche und "real life" Tests, in denen Präsentationen erstellt werden müssen oder Briefe geschrieben werden müssen.

Interview Questions

• Beschreiben Sie Ihre Persönlichkeit in drei Adjektiven.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2017.

Interview

The process starts with an online case interview and after that the normal interview which comprises of business cases. The online case puts to test your business judgement, mathematical skills, graphical analysis and logical reasoning.

Interview Questions

• The questions are taken from real business cases that have been solved by the Boston Consulting Group   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Warsaw (Poland)).

Interview

Initial CV screening by HR, followed by 3 stages of 6 interviews, 2 with consultants, 2 with Project Leaders / Principals, 2 with Partners. Each stage was decisive, i.e. making it through to the next or end of process.

Interview Questions

• The interviews in BCG are not about questions, but cases: you are given a problem and are expected to present your approach to resolving this. The logic and structure are tested. This can be e.g. sizing some market / segment.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn so I applied online. Even though they said I'd hear back in September, I heard back in late October. The interview is for a position at their International Office. It was during the weekend, and I interviewed with two different people. Both didn't work at the office I applied for. It consists of two 45min back-to-back interview, with around 10-15min of behavioral type and the rest for case study. They ran through my resume, and asked for details in professional and leadership experience. I don't remember exactly what the questions are. There was one why consulting, why BCG. Then others are questions focusing on what and why you did the things on your resume. What have you done differently compared to previous leaders in that same position (if you have a leadership role on your resume). The cases didn't seem that hard but it was my first time doing a case interview so I panicked and flunked it. They're the first ones to actually email me back from my thank-you emails. And I emailed one of them to ask for interview feedback, and he gave me a call and talked to me on the phone. Even though I didn't get the position, it was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• What have you done differently than the one who held this leadership position before you?   1 Answer
    • Why consulting, why BCG?   1 Answer
    • What was your proudest accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2016.

Interview

Die zwei persönlichen Interviews mit Beratern waren sehr freundlich, und gingen im Detail auf die persönliche Motivation ein. Hier wurde viel hinterfragt und "nachgebohrt" was ich genau mit der Aussage meine, etc.
    Es musste in jedem Gespräch eine Case Study inklusive Rechenaufgaben gelöst werden.

Interview Questions

• Was würden Teammitglieder über Sie sagen?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

Vorstellung des Unternehmens in kleiner Runde mit persönlichen Fragen zur Strukturierung (gut welche dafür bereit zu halten, egal wie gut man bereits informiert ist). Anschließend zwei Case-Interviews und ein Online-Case, der gut bspw. mit dem Material für den (inzwischen nicht mehr verwendeten) Test von McK vorbereitet werden kann. Ansonsten ein eher unpersönliches Durchschleusen und während der Interviews mitunter bewusst Stresssituationen aufgebaut.

Interview Questions

• Ein Grund warum & einer warum nicht auf ein Projekt einsetzen.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2016.

Interview

Nice interviewer, structured case process. You will be given a white paper to write down the thinking process. It is a final round interview and the interviewer was a partner and very senior, but he is generally speaking very easy to approach.

Interview Questions

• determine the strategy for a flour company to enter into bread business   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two in-person interviews for the Asia office on two separate weekends. They were the usual consulting interview format - two 30-minute interviews comprising personal questions and a case study per interview day.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

CV and coverletter followed by first round interview. Fell at the first round interview stage, I believe largely due to my case study. Case studies need weeks-months of gradual preparation.

Overall the process was quite personal, and the people seemed very nice (unlike a lot of their competitors which I have also interviewed at). HR seemed nice and the principal consultant I got interviewed by was welcoming and probably gave a fair result regarding the case - I need more practice.

Overall even though I didnt get the job the process was well organised with a friendly personal touch. Feedback is also offered after the interview with a prompt yes or no decision.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirut (Lebanon)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Beirut (Lebanon)).

Interview

2 interviews in the same day. Both involved some personal questions followed by a case to analyze. The personal questions covered the usual spectrum: Why BCG? Why consulting? One good thing about you, one bad, etc. The cases were presented and you had some time to think it through. The interviewers would either stress test you at times, or guide you and support you through the process.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting, why BCG, if you could be any animal who would you be and why?   Answer Question