Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

Staff was friendly and information was provided about interviewers upon arrival. Associates greeted us. One of my interviewers was almost 30 minutes late and the front desk left before validating my parking - logistics could have been smoother. Feedback was not given if don't progress through next round, even though they pride themselves on feedback culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2019.

Interview

Main application submission, first round case interview, final round case interview. I only got to the first round interview and didn't get the final round. The first round was two case interviews back-to-back. The cases themselves were okay, not too challenging nor too easy. Having them back to back was what made it difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth. I applied through university and interviewed on campus for the first round. I got invited to a second round at their Boston office with a partner and a principal and got called back a couple of days later by the recruiting manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I only did the first round interview with two consultants. I think they gave interviews about a project that they worked on. Nevertheless, I was surprised to find out that the two interviewers had different standards. In my feedback, one interviewer said that my framework was very MECE and detailed, but the other interviewer said that my framework was too dense. I was somewhat confused. Nevertheless, still gained some experience in real interviews.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral question like handling disagreement and teamwork   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Recruited from campus. First round in office, two cases with a little bit of behavioral. Second and final round was the same but with partners instead. Cases were pretty quantitatively heavy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Detroit, MI) in September 2019.

Interview

Two case study interviews in the first round with Manager-level employees. If you impress them in the first round, you will be invited to perform another two case studies for Patner-level employees. In between the two rounds, HR will give you feedback on how to improve your interviews. Make sure you pay attention to the feedback that they give you, if you repeat mistakes they are unlikely to offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work on teams, what role do you usually take on as part of a team?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

there were 2 rounds of case interviews, after a resume screen. It was an on-campus recruiting process, through my university. the first interview was on campus, the second was at the office to which i was applying. We were asked to submit three offices that we might be interested in working in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a leadership experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

Got a first round interview through an employee referral. Recruiting coordinator was top notch and very responsive. Each interview consisted of 1 case and 2-3 Behavioral Questions. The cases and behavioral questions were all very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• 1 Case Question and 2-3 Behavioral Questions in each interview   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Received email from recruiter for in person interview in the New York Office. Met with two people for behavioral and case interview. Case is interviewer-led and difficult - they help you along, and give cases from their actual work experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

2 consecutive interviews with managers in the NYC office. Each interview consisted of a fit segment followed by a business case. Interviewers were too focused on the assessment part taking down notes instead of conversing with me on the business case.

Interview Questions

• Fit Questions about my current job and why I am looking to transition to BCG.   1 Answer