Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

3.9

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

5 minute behavioral (Resume walk through - key takeaway and lesson learned from each internship, teamwork experience - what conflict arises and how did you solve it, describe a valuable experience during your college time that changes your life, etc.)
40 minute case (normal strategy - profitability case, and 1 supply chain case (figure out what goes wrong during the process and what could be improved)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went through the first round of interviewing, which consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Each one started with a brief behavioral portion and then had a case. The interviewers were nice, interesting people and it was a good experience. Prior to interviewing they offered a case workshop and mock interview to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruitment webinar for SEA team, wherein we were invited to submit apps by a certain date. Contacted shortly afterwards to arrange for first round interviews in Boston at local hotel, two 45 min interview sessions - 15 min fit, 30 min case. My advice is to really know how to do an interviewee-led cases, stay composed, and back up your claims with evidence. Strangely enough, this interview allowed calculators, which had never previously happened for any consulting interview I had before. One of my interviewer was a bit rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what impact you had on (this thing on my resume)
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about one challenge you had and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interview Boston Dubai office. The whole recruiting process is exciting and very organized. There were two interviewers. One of them is the directing manager. Another one is the consultant. But I didn't get any feedback after the interview, which Bain and Mckinzey did very well on the providing the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Three reasons why a financial service company did not enter Egypt?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two consultants, both were mostly cases with a short time for fit questions. The interviewers were friendly and professional. During the time in between interviews I and other candidates were able to chat with other consultants and recruiters about BCG in a more informal way.

Interview Questions

• Asked to elaborate on items on resume.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied through the company's website, received an email setting up an interview in their office in my city. Before the interview began, I was placed in a waiting room with other interviewees and a few associates and consultants. The interview was fairly standard, starting off with a few behavioral questions and then going right into a case, and with time to ask the interviewer questions afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced a challenge while working in a team environment.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied and received first round interview invite about one week later. 2 case interviews for first round. Started off with several fit questions. Only took one day to get decisions about final round. Very friendly interviewers and make sure they keep you on the correct path if they feel that you are straying off. Recruiter lead was also very friendly. Overall the vibe from BCG is amazing!

Interview Questions

• Standard fit questions: tell me about yourself, why BCG, working in a team   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

1st round: Campus
    2nd round: Office

my office had a special interview called the written case. It was quite confusing with lots of data given prior to the meeting with the partner. Make sure to spend time to rehearse before getting into the interview with the partner. Fit was as expected.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with two Associates (2 1:1 sessions). Keep very careful and clean notes/diagrams/trees during the interview. They collect these at the end and no doubt are part of the evaluation process. If your notes are disorganized, then so, by extension, are you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There are two case-style interviews and each takes around 45 minutes. I was interviewed by two interviewer. The interview is specifically for all international offices, including offices in Asia and Europe. For each office, four groups of people were interviewed and each group has around 4 interviewees. The questions are not exactly like what we prepared before, and they are more practical and open-minded without much mathematics calculation.

Interview Questions

• 1. How should uber enter the Chinese market ? 2. A big company owning several investment banks is thinking about entering into insurance field. Should they enter the new field and how.   Answer Question