Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in May 2013.

Interview

5 interviews over 2 rounds. All interviewers were very amiable. Standard case interviews: 45 mins each, mostly market sizing and profitability, one case was mainly conceptual and conversation like. Some cases relied on supporting material (like graphs) and others did not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join bcg?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Warsaw (Poland)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later received an invitation for 1:1 interview in their office. I talked to HR person, who was rather unfriendly. 1 day later I was informed via email that they are not going to continue the recruiting process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee as an experienced hire with 1.5 years experience in a 2nd tier consulting firm, which means lateral move is possible, although I will join as a first-year associate. Since I was off cycle the entire process took almost two months.

I received a request for a quick phone screening with recruiter and a Project Leader about two weeks after my referral was submitted. Recruiters reached out immediately after and first round interview was scheduled for the week after. Fairly typical consulting interviews - 10 mins behavioral, 30 mins case and questions in the end. I received a phone call on the following Friday to come back for second round.

Second round interview was scheduled for four weeks after my first round, which was longer than typical. However, people in my interviewing office were extremely nice and helpful - two project leaders reached out to help with mock interviews. Three interviews with more senior people. Cases were more difficult than first round, but they were very supportive throughout the process. Received a phone call to extend an offer later that evening. I decided to accept the following week.

Overall, it's a very constructive and professional process. The hardest part is really just getting your foot in the door!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two consultants, both were mostly cases with a short time for fit questions. The interviewers were friendly and professional. During the time in between interviews I and other candidates were able to chat with other consultants and recruiters about BCG in a more informal way.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 rounds, each ~45 minutes. A couple fit questions at the start, a case study, and then once the case study was over free to ask questions. Case study took up the bulk of the interview. Final round was a week apart from the first round interview. One on one with senior management.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Three different rounds. First round included a numerical test, with no calculator and a case study. Both the second and the third round included two case studies each. In all three rounds there were personality and fit questions. Get ready to talk about your strengths, weaknesses, as well as situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Resume and cover letter, followed by two rounds of two interviews. Each interview had approx. 10 minutes of 'getting to know you'/fit questions, followed by a 40-minute case study, and 5 minutes at the end for you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something. What did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2016.

Interview

3 rounds interviews with fit questions and case studies. Each interview is 45 min and includes three parts: questions on your profile, case study and questions. There is an online case for the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interview Boston Dubai office. The whole recruiting process is exciting and very organized. There were two interviewers. One of them is the directing manager. Another one is the consultant. But I didn't get any feedback after the interview, which Bain and Mckinzey did very well on the providing the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Three reasons why a financial service company did not enter Egypt?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2017.

Interview

Full day interview consisting of five case and personality interviews and a math test. Each interview consisted of 25 min case and 25 min personality. I applied online. Positive experience.