Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

3.9

241 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First-round: The interview process was straightforward. Before the interview, you receive the profiles of the interviewers in a mini envelope. There are two interviews, each interview is around 40 minutes with 25 minutes of behavioural fit queries and 15 minutes of case analysis. There are a few minutes at the end for questions. Each component is important to get the job. As long as you logically answer each question (fit + case) with what and why then you will do fine. The interview goes by very quickly. For the fit component, steer clear of generic answers and go deep into who you are and why you want to be a part of BCG, and, subsequently, contribute to BCG's network of talented consultants. For the case component, the cases are not the traditional cases, but are derivatives of them. It is vital to think critically and take time to consider all the variables. One interviewer was a Principal and the other was a Project Leader. Both were friendly and knew my CV before the interview commenced. In addition, the computerized test was similar to GMAT IR questions, but I do not perceive the test to be a major component to the application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience on your CV.   Answer Question
  • Why did you want to participate in this activity?   Answer Question
  • What did you do at this job?   Answer Question
  • How does working at this office help you get you where you want to go?   Answer Question
  • What are you looking to gain from this job?   Answer Question
  • How would you measure the impact XX has on economy YY?   Answer Question
  • How would you size the market this product will have in economy YY (usually the region you are applying to)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Participated in a first round. Two interviews conducted by mid-senior level employees with short behavior portion and case component. Interviewers were very laid back but you could tell they were looking to check certain boxes.

Interview Questions

• What are three keys to succeeding at BCG and how do you show them?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 rounds each with 2 interviews. Each of the interviews had a small behavioral portion and a case interview. Both of the rounds were in person, and the second round was with more senior people than the first round.

Interview Questions

• Just standard behavioral (talk about resume mainly) and then a case interview. The first round cases were pretty typical, but in the second round they were slightly less traditional in format with traditional content.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

10 minute personal with fairly standard questions. Followed by 30 -40 minute case around operations improvement. Different to any case I had done before. GMAT style math question after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

BCG doesn't recruit at my school, so I had a current employee push my resume through. I got a phone call from HR to set up an interview. I then did a case interview in person. There were two cases, with two different interviewers back to back. Each case was about 30 mins with 15 mins of behavioral questions. The interview itself isn't difficult, but preparing for cases was very time-consuming. Both my interviewers, although friendly, made it seem as if I was wasting their time. This could be because I was applying to work at a different location than where I interviewed, or they looked at my school and noticed it wasn't as prestigious and other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you're here today.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2017.

Interview

Ein mögliches Angebot erfolgt nach 2 Interview-Tagen. An beiden Tagen absolviert man jeweils 3 ca. einstündige Elemente: Jeweils 2 Mixed Inverviews (Persönlichkeit und Case Study), in der ersten Runde ein Analytiktest am Laptop und in der zweiten Runde 3 kurze BCG Reallife Cases. Die Mixed Interviews sind wie wohl alle anderen der Branche, gehen aber weniger entlang Standardfragen, sondern gerade der Persönlichkeitsteil entwickelt sich dynamisch nach deinen Antworten (sehr viele Follow-Up Fragen, etc.). Der Analytik-Test ist im Prinzip ein langer, sehr rechenlastiger Case und ist so konzipiert, dass man nur sehr schwer alle Fragen in der Zeit beantworten kann. Bei BCG Reallife wird man mit alltäglichen Situationen im Berater-Alltag konfrontiert. BCG Reallife ist praktisch nicht vorzubereiten und am Ende vom Tag auch nicht der Hauptaugenmerk in deren Bewertung.

Interview Questions

• Wenn Sie ein Buch über Ihr Leben schreiben würden, wie wäre der Titel?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2017.

Interview

Na de online selectie, kan je worden uitgenodigd voor de case interviews. Deze bestaan uit twee rondes. Zelf ben ik na de eerste middag afgevallen. Hierin moet je 2 case interviews doen (met twee verschillende interviewers), waarbij 20 minuten persoonlijke motivatie en vragen worden benadrukt. Hierna wordt er een case voorgelegd, die je dient te structureren en op te lossen. Verder, na deze case interviews, zal je nog een online test moeten afronden op kantoor van ongeveer 45 minuten. Hierin wordt snel begrijpend grafieken en tabellen en teksten (af)lezen getest.

Interview Questions

• Waarom denk je dat je jezelf het beste verder kan ontwikkelen bij BCG?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

(10 min behavioural + 20 min case) x 2. Pretty straight forward.

Positives:
    Front desk was polite, office was nice, other associates came to chat while waiting.

Negatives:
    1 principal who interviewed me made it pretty clear he didn't care to be there and told me it was his last day - which is an interesting arrangement coming from a strategy consultancy. It took them 2 months to get back to me (standard practice is <2 days). HR was unresponsive.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of two 45-min interviews each. All of them following the same structure: 15-20 min personal questions followed by a 25-30 min case study. Two of the cases were qualitative and the other two were quantitative.

Interview Questions

• Why Consulting? Why BCG? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What did you do to improve on your weaknesses (give examples related to previous working experience)?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Back-to-back interviews, plus a quantitative test. Good overall experience, and nothing out of the ordinary. One interviewer acted as a "team player" while the other one was slightly more reserved.