Boston Consulting Group Associate Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Associate Researcher Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks or so. Phone interview, then met with two people, and then finally with the manager. For the first part of the interview, reviewed job it was mostly in dialogue form. They asked two case-type questions. Second part of the interview was mostly the manager speaking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was set-up with an interview via a staffing agency. The interview consisted of 1 hour of a skills-based test and 1 hour of speaking with the hiring manager. It was fairly straightforward. The time was well-managed.

The skills-based portion wasn't rigorously managed. I set a timer to make sure I adhered to the time limit. However, as I got closer and closer to the end of time I thought for sure they'd come and stop me. This never happened. To keep it honest, I stopped working at the end of the first hour and went to find the interviewer. I don't know if this was a "test" too but I would encourage you to manage your time. They won't do it for you and you may appear untrustworthy if you allow it to significantly run over.

Interview Questions

• The case wanted you to construct 3 profiles of potential companies within a specific industry. It was a bit of a shot in the dark. If I could recommend anything, it would be to spend some time before prepping your ability to assess the economic health of any given company.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After providing me with a description of the job, she interviewed me over the phone. She then scheduled an interview for me with someone in HR. Neither interview was complicated, just basic fit questions, resume walk-through, etc. The first in-person interview was more difficult and in two parts. First, I had to complete a 45 minute skill assessment that involved researching Proctor & Gamble, their top 3-5 competitors, and bench-marking them in a fictional report. It was straightforward, and they provided you with the information they wanted to find. The second part of the interview involved two associates who talked through a case about the pencil industry in Nigeria with me to analyze my thought process. They were both fairly friendly and engaging. When I got called in for the final round, however, I was given a stress interview by one person. She asked how I would analyze the cosmetics market in a particular country in Eastern Europe. In a stress interview, the interviewer acts critical, disinterested, and even condescending to assess your reaction to pressure, so I highly recommend preparing for that. I didn't expect it in an interview for a research position, and I think I was too thrown off and intimidated to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you analyze to create a report on the cosmetics industry in Ukraine, and what order of importance would you rank them in?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a case study. Was asked to analyze a company in U.S. consumer packaged goods company (i.e. Proctor and Gamble). Asked to recognize at lease three competitors and write a quick write up of why I chose these companies. Also had to write a company profile report for one of the competitors. This was included to provide a benchmark for PG, mainly when analyzing potential growth.

Associate Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

It's was a straightforward process with a great and supportive HR team. They were very keen on understanding your motivation for the role and also making you understand that it is a support function.

Associate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Campus Placement, 4 people were called in from our college (1 person from a different college) for the interview. There were 2 rounds with questions from Resume, Guesstimates, Behavioural and team based.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of fitness tracking devices that would be sold in Gurugram in the month of October.   1 Answer
    • Three Reasons why BCG should hire you.   1 Answer

Associate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round was an offline written test. There was a lot of cheating. 2nd round was a personal interview. The panel wasn't uniform, so a lot of luck plays at hand. There was a second round of interview as well. Don't go for this role if you're remotely smart.

Associate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

CV screening, Preplacement talk, simple CAT-like Preplacement test with quant, verbal and general awareness, and an SoP. 3 stage eliminatory interviews with 2 member panels. Stress interviews with heavy debates, dismissal of answers and general aggression. Followed by fit interview with senior management and then a Case interviews by grilling panelists.

Interview Questions

• Demonetisation, Subject matter, life goals, research methodology, CV based and HR questions   2 Answers

Associate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Interview process can vary. After qualifying the basic aptitude test, the 2nd round was an HR interview, while the 3rd round was a stress-based interview. Both stages of interview involved questions from resume discussing about projects, internships, etc. along with focus on guesstimates and case study.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why BCG?   2 Answers

Associate Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2016.

Interview

A problem solving interview followed by a skills interview. The HR department was slow in replying to emails and responding to calls. I also noticed their poor email etiquette and no proper structure to the interview process. Overall, I had a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Factors you need to consider when comparing two markets to enter?

Estimate the number of pencils consumed in China.   1 Answer