Boston Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Called for a phone interview and asked questions about my resume and background. This was follow by a Skype interview and talked about my ambitions, background again and then he asked a case question.

Interview Questions

• Asked how a country would expand it's supermarket, grocery stores in other countries   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round had two 45 minute interviews with ~5 minutes behavioral, ~35 minutes case, ~5 minutes questions. Interviewers were very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Second round had a 15 minute fit interview with a recruiting director and two 45 minute interviews with senior partners, same distribution of time. Partners weren't as encouraging, but that's expected.

Interview Questions

• Talking about the effect of a new product entering a market on the elasticity of supply and demand in that market and in the raw materials market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

After speaking to a couple current employees, they extended the offer for a first round interview. It was the first of the day and with two case interviews. The first the guy was clearly in a bad mood and I stumbled on the case part. Second was with another employee and knocked that one out of the park. Never heard back from then though.... Even after inquiring several times. A no would've been nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for one of their international positions through my school's career development site. I initially applied and within one week, I received a phone screen from a recruiter. Afterwards, I was invited to an on-site interview in Chicago (that's where they did all the interviews for all international hires). In Chicago, I have 2 1:1 interviews with senior analysts. The first half of each interview was a case study and the later detailed our background and interests in BCG.

Interview Questions

• The CEO of the company in you case walks into the elevator. Make a 1 minute pitch on your answer to his problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

I attended an info session and then submitted my cover letter and resume. The first round interview consisted of 1 on 1 interviews with 3 different people. They all gave me hypothetical scenarios and asked me to provide a solution. I was allowed to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A coal mining company with majority market share in Canada is witnessing declining profits. Find out what's wrong.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

2 45 minute interviews...30 minute cases, and 15 minute fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I went through on campus recruiting. First round consisted of two one-on-one interviews. You could select three location preferences. NYC was my top choice, and I was invited to a final round in that office. The final round consisted of three case interviews with senior level consultants. People were all very nice. I remember one of the cases I had at the final round was heavily focused on interpreting graphs and charts. I think that was the case that I tripped up on. I would prepare by going over graphs more and practice interpreting them in a short amount of time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was recruited on campus and had two interviews. The same day I was invited to the BCG offices in Toronto. The interview process was seamless in terms of coordination. I met with two employees, both interviews being a combination of behavioural and a case interview. The cases were interviewer-led and required a basic knowledge of mathematics.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in consulting? Why BCG in particular?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2017.

Interview

First step was two interactive case interviews including professional experience discussion. Also an online test. Second round was a presentation case of about two hours. Third round was two case interviews with partners, also kind of interactive cases but a bit more out of the box. This also included motivation for working at BCG and personal professional experience discussions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging part of becoming a management consultant at BCG?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through an event: Womens Empower (June). September I was invited to the reasoning test, after that 2 rounds of interviews with 2 cases per interview (first in BCN, second in Madrid).

Interview Questions

• Behavoural questions, walk through my CV. Benefits of some of my experiences
      Two business case per interview, quite hard   Answer Question