Boston Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2017.

Interview

First step was two interactive case interviews including professional experience discussion. Also an online test. Second round was a presentation case of about two hours. Third round was two case interviews with partners, also kind of interactive cases but a bit more out of the box. This also included motivation for working at BCG and personal professional experience discussions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging part of becoming a management consultant at BCG?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through an event: Womens Empower (June). September I was invited to the reasoning test, after that 2 rounds of interviews with 2 cases per interview (first in BCN, second in Madrid).

Interview Questions

• Behavoural questions, walk through my CV. Benefits of some of my experiences
      Two business case per interview, quite hard

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in May 2016.

Interview

After passing the potential test (with less than 15 questions answered) I was invited to a kind and helpful preparations session, which followed by 2 interviews a week after.
    In the FIT part focus on impact YOU made happen in Teamwork and leadership situations.
    In the CASE part truly make it a discussion and not Q&A from yu to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a situation where the leader wasn't any good.
      Q: Why consulting?
      Case 1: Energy cost saving case
      Case 2: Operations cost saving case

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Cape Town (South Africa)) in August 2013.

Interview

I only went through to the first round which was an online case interview test as well as a face to face case study. Both of these were back to back which can be mentally challenging because one has to stay 100% focused for the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you overcame conflict in a group setting   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick and included an introduction to case interviews workshop that allowed applicants to meet current employees. The HR team were very helpful but the interviewer feedback wasn't particularity helpful and sometimes ambiguous. Cases were left very open but the interviewers helped guide you to a certain extent. Overall I didn't have a bad experience but it could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation when working as a team that things didn't go as planned and how you helped your team overcome any problems.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, contacted one month later to partecipate to an assessment with 2 tests: one numerical e one about lists of figure. Major concern it's time because you don't have enough to finish.
    Passed it and contacted 3 days after to a series of interview:
    - online case in english (time is limitated, so you have to extrapolate the right information quickly)
    - 1 on 1 interview + case study
    - 1 on 1 interview in english + case study

The interview are about your past exerience and teamworking and about your interest in the company

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for BCG?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

CV and cover letter
    No test
    2 case studies in the first round
    Case 1: Real estate client wanting to increase revenue
    Case 2: Competitive strategy for a Pharma client to a new entrant

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Called for a phone interview and asked questions about my resume and background. This was follow by a Skype interview and talked about my ambitions, background again and then he asked a case question.

Interview Questions

• Asked how a country would expand it's supermarket, grocery stores in other countries   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round had two 45 minute interviews with ~5 minutes behavioral, ~35 minutes case, ~5 minutes questions. Interviewers were very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Second round had a 15 minute fit interview with a recruiting director and two 45 minute interviews with senior partners, same distribution of time. Partners weren't as encouraging, but that's expected.

Interview Questions

• Talking about the effect of a new product entering a market on the elasticity of supply and demand in that market and in the raw materials market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for one of their international positions through my school's career development site. I initially applied and within one week, I received a phone screen from a recruiter. Afterwards, I was invited to an on-site interview in Chicago (that's where they did all the interviews for all international hires). In Chicago, I have 2 1:1 interviews with senior analysts. The first half of each interview was a case study and the later detailed our background and interests in BCG.

Interview Questions

• The CEO of the company in you case walks into the elevator. Make a 1 minute pitch on your answer to his problem.   Answer Question