Boston Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.7

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter, received a response within a few weeks, had to wait another month or so to interview. Interviewed with two consultants, one business case, one brainteaser-type case, plus a few competency questions from each interviewer, plus the BCG numerical test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time it was better to do something on your own than in a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)).

Interview

Very unprofesional. I expected more from such a large company and big repputation throughout the years. The interview was relative easy. I god feedback the next day. Apparently the "personal fit" was not right.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview

Everyone at BCG was very friendly and helpful throughout the process. Getting to the interview stage depended primarily on your resume and ability to make a connection with a representative at the information sessions. The info session is the first step--don't miss it. The interview itself was two case interviews with two different BCG people. I would advise focusing on sharpening your business vocabulary, reading business newspapers, and practicing some cases (don't go overboard here). The cases are not all that matters. You also need to interact well with the interviewer and demonstrate your understanding of the business world.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an area that you are considered an expert in, how you came to be considered an expert, and how you used that position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in January 2014.

Interview

Group assessment with two logic tests, one of data analysis and the other of correct image choice. There was 10/12 young people (most graduates and young workers). Outstanding support of human resources in terms of travel support. Really good environment with kind a prepared people that supported the tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

After speaking to a couple current employees, they extended the offer for a first round interview. It was the first of the day and with two case interviews. The first the guy was clearly in a bad mood and I stumbled on the case part. Second was with another employee and knocked that one out of the park. Never heard back from then though.... Even after inquiring several times. A no would've been nice

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was rejected by BCG after the second round of interviews. During the second round I was solving a M&A case but the interviewer kept checking his Blackberry and replying to emails, giving me short answers to all my questions. The interviewer answered the emails during my entire pitch and then thanked me for the time and said he had to rush.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for summer internship through company's website. The process took 3 weeks, then I was contacted by phone and invited to sit for BCG Potential Test, which was held at company's office. It was obligatory to use company's computers to complete the test. During the test my computer that I was given died and I lost significant amount of time, hence I had 30sec for the last 3 questions, which is nonsense.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2014.

Interview

Add to take online tests on the center. Passing those had two interviews the first one was more personal the second was more case based. The first case was about real estate in banking and the second about currency supply. They left me waiting at least 20 minutes from the first interview to the second.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was recruited on campus and had two interviews. The same day I was invited to the BCG offices in Toronto. The interview process was seamless in terms of coordination. I met with two employees, both interviews being a combination of behavioural and a case interview. The cases were interviewer-led and required a basic knowledge of mathematics.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in consulting? Why BCG in particular?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

First round interviews: 2 rounds, 1 interviewer each (45 min each). First was 10-15 min of background and behavioral questions, then the rest was a case (5 min at end for questions).

Both cases were based on profitability (one was cost driven, the other was sales driven).

Second Round Interviews: 3 rounds.
    Round 1: 2 hours to read a case and prep a presentation.
    Round 2 +3: Same as in "first round interviews" except now with Senior Partners. Cases are a bit more subjective, though still grounded in numbers.

Interview Questions

• Why is BCG the one for you?   1 Answer