Boston Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2017.

Interview

First step was two interactive case interviews including professional experience discussion. Also an online test. Second round was a presentation case of about two hours. Third round was two case interviews with partners, also kind of interactive cases but a bit more out of the box. This also included motivation for working at BCG and personal professional experience discussions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging part of becoming a management consultant at BCG?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was recruited on campus and had two interviews. The same day I was invited to the BCG offices in Toronto. The interview process was seamless in terms of coordination. I met with two employees, both interviews being a combination of behavioural and a case interview. The cases were interviewer-led and required a basic knowledge of mathematics.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in consulting? Why BCG in particular?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through an event: Womens Empower (June). September I was invited to the reasoning test, after that 2 rounds of interviews with 2 cases per interview (first in BCN, second in Madrid).

Interview Questions

• Behavoural questions, walk through my CV. Benefits of some of my experiences
      Two business case per interview, quite hard   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)).

Interview

Very unprofesional. I expected more from such a large company and big repputation throughout the years. The interview was relative easy. I god feedback the next day. Apparently the "personal fit" was not right.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in May 2016.

Interview

After passing the potential test (with less than 15 questions answered) I was invited to a kind and helpful preparations session, which followed by 2 interviews a week after.
    In the FIT part focus on impact YOU made happen in Teamwork and leadership situations.
    In the CASE part truly make it a discussion and not Q&A from yu to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a situation where the leader wasn't any good.
      Q: Why consulting?
      Case 1: Energy cost saving case
      Case 2: Operations cost saving case   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2014.

Interview

Add to take online tests on the center. Passing those had two interviews the first one was more personal the second was more case based. The first case was about real estate in banking and the second about currency supply. They left me waiting at least 20 minutes from the first interview to the second.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for summer internship through company's website. The process took 3 weeks, then I was contacted by phone and invited to sit for BCG Potential Test, which was held at company's office. It was obligatory to use company's computers to complete the test. During the test my computer that I was given died and I lost significant amount of time, hence I had 30sec for the last 3 questions, which is nonsense.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Cape Town (South Africa)) in August 2013.

Interview

I only went through to the first round which was an online case interview test as well as a face to face case study. Both of these were back to back which can be mentally challenging because one has to stay 100% focused for the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you overcame conflict in a group setting   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick and included an introduction to case interviews workshop that allowed applicants to meet current employees. The HR team were very helpful but the interviewer feedback wasn't particularity helpful and sometimes ambiguous. Cases were left very open but the interviewers helped guide you to a certain extent. Overall I didn't have a bad experience but it could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation when working as a team that things didn't go as planned and how you helped your team overcome any problems.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, contacted one month later to partecipate to an assessment with 2 tests: one numerical e one about lists of figure. Major concern it's time because you don't have enough to finish.
    Passed it and contacted 3 days after to a series of interview:
    - online case in english (time is limitated, so you have to extrapolate the right information quickly)
    - 1 on 1 interview + case study
    - 1 on 1 interview in english + case study

The interview are about your past exerience and teamworking and about your interest in the company

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for BCG?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question