Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There was a pretty simple "fit" portion about ourselves and our backgrounds and a more difficult case portion, in which you need to answer two complex business problems with organized solutions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

R1:
    2 interviews: 25 min case, 15 min behavioral questions.
    Cases were very difficult, but math was overall very easy

R2:
    2 2 interviews: 25 min case, 15 min behavioral questions
    Cases were more abstract with less details, very easy math

Interview Questions

• Behavioral:
      Tell me about yourself.
      What was your greatest failure?
      Tell me a scientific breakthrough you have made in your research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Boston Consulting Group was a company that I had dreamed of working for for many years. I was very excited that I was called for an interview. I was first interviewed by telephone. The questions were general in nature. After my interview, I was excited to learn I would be moved to second interview.

For my second interview, I was interviewed by a millennial HR Recruiter on site at Boston Consulting Group. The HR Recruiter was very nervous and smiled a lot. She seemed inexperienced and the questions were general in nature. For my second interview, a Senior Manager called me from Dallas, Texas. She was late for the interview and so we did not get off to a good start. I felt it was unprofessional. Overall, I decided not to pursue the job opportunity with Boston Consulting Group based on the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about my experience.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

First round with two reasonably friendly interviewers. Final round in DC with one friendly interviewer, one cold/apathetic interviewer. Be ready for your interviewers to play bad cop, or at the very least act disinterested in you!

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your role on a team, and how do you adjust to accommodate the needs or different styles of others on the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Great interview prep (webinars, mock interview, in-house case prep). Interview itself was 2x45 minute interview, each consisting of both behavioral questions and a case (different questions for each interview). In-person interviews took place two weeks after receiving interview notification.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Each round two case interviews.
    The first round was with one Principal and one Project Leader. The round round was with two senior partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you compromised
      Tell me about a time that you put an ambitions goal and you reached it!
      Why consulting?
      Why BCG?
      Leadership experience   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Typical case interview, with one case per interviewer, along with some additional behavioral questions. The interviewers were very young, kind of stand-offish, and seem to be looking for a particular personality fit with themselves. Overall, kind of a cold experience and not what I had hoped for.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? What is your greatest strength? Greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2015.

Interview

Did several case interviews and behavioral interviews. Behavioral interviews focused on specific actions taken under different types of situations and how these are reflective of the firm values. Case interviews focused on specific business problems

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led a team with challenging interpersonal dynamics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

On-campus Advanced Degree Candidate recruitment. Had mock interview with current BCG consultant. Feedback from mock session was helpful.

First-round interviews consisted of two 45 minute case interviews back to back. Notified that application was unsuccessful after 2 weeks. Feedback on interview was provided.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Several case interviews across 2 rounds. Two interviews first round on campus, two interviews second round at the office. Consulting case interviews involved the presentation of a business problem for a hypothetical client, and ~25-30 min of time to walk the interviewer through an approach, and deliver a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Consulting case interview - presented a business problem and asked for my approach to solve it   1 Answer