Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First Round interview. Process was a bit like herding cattle. Interviewers pushed interviewees through 45 minute blocks and then taking the next straight after. The interview itself was the standard behavior and case study process for consulting.

The cases that I got were a mixed bag, one very tough for me, the other easier. Some difficulty in the process has to do with who gives the case and whether their style is approachable. In my case the first interviewer was more challenging to interact with compared to the second.

Personally felt a mix of positives and negatives at the end. Writing this before I have found out whether I will get a second round. As a result I am writing no, just to hedge my bets.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major challenge in your recent past.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

mcq questions (points deducted with wrong answers) -> a lot of calculation, more difficult
    and a case study to answer -> they are looking how you present your thought processes clearly.
    ask about your backgroud, education & experience

Interview Questions

• should a your client from China invest in property market in Indonesia?What is your advice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I flew to Dallas for an in person interview. The interview was your standard consulting job interview. A few case questions, all of which were rather difficult. I know when I walked out that I wouldn't be receiving this job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended online webinars for PhD students. Then applied online and was invited for an interview in NYC. It was somewhat disorganized; I was led to the wrong room and the interviewers seemed overwhelmed and rushed. One was quite unpleasant, particularly compared to non-BCG consulting interviewers.

Both consisted of cases, one a valuation case about purchasing an NBA franchise and another about declining sales and profitability. Both fairly straightforward, although there was some intermediate accounting knowledge needed.

Interview Questions

• How does [x experience] relate and prepare you for consulting at BCG?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of two case interviews along with personality interviews. First round were conducted with Consultant/Project Leaders, second round with Principals. First round on campus, second round was at the office you were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to get a consensus.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews on site. Each round consists of two separate 45-minute interviews that have a fit portion and one case interview. The first round of case interview is more organized while the second round with Principals/Partners is more casual.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome an obstacle in a team setting?   3 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There were two on campus 30 minute case interviews. Before getting into the case there were a couple behavioral questions. One case had a lot of exhibits and the other was much more theoretical

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume you would like me to know about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a first round interview after previously attending the Bridge to BCG program. Because of the program, I was already a little familiar with the office and some of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you in conflict with a superior / supervisor. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, consisting of two fit and case interviews back to back. Each was conducted in person by project leaders in the local office. Fit portion consisted of typical walk me through your resume questions, probing about leadership, team work and challenges. The case interviews were very different and were pulled from two different industries. The interviewers were very personable. The cases were relatively simple, but the stress of the situation can fluster any candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was a little vague with simulation questions that very hard to decipher. It personally was a great fit for me. It seemed like a great company to work for but definitely not for everyone. Overall, I would recommend to someone else but let them know to be sure know what they're getting into before the interview.