Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

3.8

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviewers, each with personal experience and a case. The whole process was very poorly organized. One of them is a Harvard MBA and project leader, who arrived 10 min late herself and urged me to wrap up the case after only 15 min. The second one is a PhD and consultant which I found easier to talk to and the case went well. Overall experience is less fluent than Mck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk;
    Case1: A grocery cost reduction; Case2: Evaluate the threat of a new drug to the client   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Well organized and fluid.

Two rounds; Round 1 with Principal & Consultant and Round 2 with Senior partners. Great organization to interview with, however difficult to get an interview.

I am not going to disclose the cases, but the cases were more "tough" than the cases in business school casebooks. Interviews are fairly rigorous and be prepared to be grilled on your:
    (a) Business acumen (b) Quant skills (c) Analytical skills (d) FIT & leadership.

Prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Business cases. Cases were heavy on math, graphs and conceptually challenging. Questions were purposely ambiguous. I recently interviewed at Bain as well, and in my opinion, BCG cases were tougher.   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume, cover letter, and answered some short answer questions (e.g. describe your proudest accomplishments; describe a time you had to assume a leadership position) through their online application portal. I was invited to interview a few weeks later. To help prepare for the interview, BCG offered webinars and one-on-one mock interviews with current consultants. The first-round interview day was well-organized and ran smoothly. All candidates interviewing around the same time waited together in a room where there was coffee, tea, and snacks, as well as other consultants to chat with. We were all given little notecards with bios of our two interviewers and information regarding next steps. Both of the interviews involved a set of fit questions and a case. Depending on the interviewer, the fit portion can be more conversational or feel like you are just answering a list of separate questions. Both of the cases were as expected--challenging and with a few complicated charts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a teammate or someone you were leading who was underperforming.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

applied through summer program, first round got two case interviews with fit. flew by very quickly. about 10minutes on fit and rest on case. very conversational in nature. i talked through a lot of my though processes and my interviewer helped guide me through which avenues to explore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Standard first round: 2 45-min interviews.
    Each starts with a personal experience interview where they ask you questions based off of your resume. Then you proceed into a case that your interviewer has selected...which seems to usually be in an area that they have worked or know well. Lastly, they ask you if you have any questions for them.
    I have not heard if I have a second round interview yet.

Interview Questions

• When beginning a new job, was this ever unstructured and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two interviews back-to-back: 10 minutes of fit, then about 30 minutes for the case, then 5 minutes of Q&A. No solid time-keeping from interviewers. Cases involve chart-reading and require knowledge of business concepts.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to change course. 2) Tell me about a time when someone challenged your authority.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and everyone there was professional. I interacted with two interviewers and one recruiting assistant. Received rejection letter in 2 business days. They were able to give me some feedback over the phone afterwards and that was very helpful.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Very professional environment and process. Everyone was helpful and found my way quickly. 2 case interviews each 45 mins long. A few questions about yourself and spent most of the time on case interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews with fit questions and case study. Both involved interpreting graph data and making business recommendations. Everyone was very professional and made it a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a leader in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

3 month period from application to final round interview. 3 separate rounds of interviews with a consultant and project lead for the first round, senior partners for the second round and another partner for the third round. Background questions and case questions. Second round had a written case.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you dealt with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question