Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

3.8

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Well organized and fluid.

Two rounds; Round 1 with Principal & Consultant and Round 2 with Senior partners. Great organization to interview with, however difficult to get an interview.

I am not going to disclose the cases, but the cases were more "tough" than the cases in business school casebooks. Interviews are fairly rigorous and be prepared to be grilled on your:
(a) Business acumen (b) Quant skills (c) Analytical skills (d) FIT & leadership.

Prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Business cases. Cases were heavy on math, graphs and conceptually challenging. Questions were purposely ambiguous. I recently interviewed at Bain as well, and in my opinion, BCG cases were tougher.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2017.

Interview

Sample test with 6 (3x2) rounds of follow-up interviews. Heavily based on case-study and HR-specific (motivation, problem-solving, etc.) moduls.
    The process was relatively smooth and fast, never waiting more than 1 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that required an unorthodox / different approach to solve?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in June 2016.

Interview

We first did an online test, which was too long for the time they give you to make you nervous, so keep calm and answer the questions (if you do more than half be happy), and then two rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied to consultant position. two rounds of interview. first round was standard behavioral and case. second round was a lot more flexible as it was with partners. they really try to stress test you so don't freak out. i didn't think i did well at all for my final round but was called first thing in the morning the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• why consulting, why bcg, how did you make a compromise.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consists of 3 rounds. The first round was a 45 minute online test followed by 2 interviews and cases. The 2nd round was a 2 hour written case followed by a 10 minute presentation at the end. The 3rd round was two case interviews with partners. The entire process took 1 month.

Interview Questions

• The cases became progressively more difficult each round. The final round consisted of two very difficult cases.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Upon arrival, I received biography cards for each of my two interviewers. It described some career highlights, as well as personal hobbies. I was then directed to an interview room, where I had an approximately 15 minute behavioural interview, followed by an approximately 25/30min case. The process was then repeated with my second interviewer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Santiago (Chile)) in June 2016.

Interview

Hard, the first two phases where a math test and a business case that was more like analizing graphs, then there where 3 rounds of interviews about what you had done followed by a business case.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

2 rounds, 5 interviews
    Each interview with 15 min fit, 25 min business case, 5 min questions
    Interviewers are very friendly and willing to help with the case. Critical to have good "stories" for the fit portion. Case interview felt more like a discussion but it is important to "drive" the case to a recommendation and not just wait for the interviewer to ask questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

two first round interviews with Principals. two final round interviews with partners. each interview was the same: 10-15 minutes of fit questions, 30-40 min for case interview, 5-10 minutes of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you had to solve, your approach, and the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

case interviews- first round has 2 cases on campus and the second round has two cases- in the office. Basically you have to crack the cases.

Also, there is a focus on behavioral- tell me about a time when- that kind of questions.