Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.8

256 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2017.

Interview

For experienced hire- first round was two 45min interviews with a case study each. The case studies were not that difficult, but the math was tricky. The questions about experience were pretty general, but they did not want examples from one of my previous careers, which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through Campus, Got an interview for BCG India. On the day of the interview, I had to report to the London Office and sit for a video call. The interviewer in India was sitting 20 ft away from the board room webcam, and facing another wall that had the TV not the webcam, it was extremely distracting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to India after studying in London   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2016.

Interview

Soepele procedure en interviews, met online case, en twee case interviews in de eerste ronde, waarvan de moeilijkheidsgraad sterk varieert. Zeer aardige mensen en professionele afhandeling. Het is belangrijk om zich goed voor te bereiden op de gesprekken en de cases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Phila, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was open ended - interviewed to the Dubai office and got called in to a hotel in Philadelphia for the first round. Had the interview with 2 interviewers, who started with fit, choosing random points on my resume before moving to a very open ended case.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why BCG
      2. Why Consulting
      3. Name 3 Strengths and 3 Weaknesses?
      4. What's ur greatest accomplishment?
      5. Tell me of a time you had to navigate difficulties in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviewers, each with personal experience and a case. The whole process was very poorly organized. One of them is a Harvard MBA and project leader, who arrived 10 min late herself and urged me to wrap up the case after only 15 min. The second one is a PhD and consultant which I found easier to talk to and the case went well. Overall experience is less fluent than Mck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk;
      Case1: A grocery cost reduction; Case2: Evaluate the threat of a new drug to the client   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Well organized and fluid.

Two rounds; Round 1 with Principal & Consultant and Round 2 with Senior partners. Great organization to interview with, however difficult to get an interview.

I am not going to disclose the cases, but the cases were more "tough" than the cases in business school casebooks. Interviews are fairly rigorous and be prepared to be grilled on your:
    (a) Business acumen (b) Quant skills (c) Analytical skills (d) FIT & leadership.

Prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Business cases. Cases were heavy on math, graphs and conceptually challenging. Questions were purposely ambiguous. I recently interviewed at Bain as well, and in my opinion, BCG cases were tougher.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and everyone there was professional. I interacted with two interviewers and one recruiting assistant. Received rejection letter in 2 business days. They were able to give me some feedback over the phone afterwards and that was very helpful.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume, cover letter, and answered some short answer questions (e.g. describe your proudest accomplishments; describe a time you had to assume a leadership position) through their online application portal. I was invited to interview a few weeks later. To help prepare for the interview, BCG offered webinars and one-on-one mock interviews with current consultants. The first-round interview day was well-organized and ran smoothly. All candidates interviewing around the same time waited together in a room where there was coffee, tea, and snacks, as well as other consultants to chat with. We were all given little notecards with bios of our two interviewers and information regarding next steps. Both of the interviews involved a set of fit questions and a case. Depending on the interviewer, the fit portion can be more conversational or feel like you are just answering a list of separate questions. Both of the cases were as expected--challenging and with a few complicated charts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a teammate or someone you were leading who was underperforming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two interviews back-to-back: 10 minutes of fit, then about 30 minutes for the case, then 5 minutes of Q&A. No solid time-keeping from interviewers. Cases involve chart-reading and require knowledge of business concepts.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to change course. 2) Tell me about a time when someone challenged your authority.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Ich habe mich online beworben. Der folgende (halbe) Vorstellungstag beinhaltete 4 Elemente:
    - Zwei persönliche Interviews mit Cases (Schätzung und Vorgehen) zu realen Projekten
    - PC-Case vor Ort (Zahlen- und Businessverständnis)
    - Fragerunde in einer Gruppe von Bewerbern

Interview Questions

• Nennen Sie uns pro Quadrant der Feedback-Matrix eine Situation, die Sie persönlich erlebt haben.   Answer Question