Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.8

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a first round interview after previously attending the Bridge to BCG program. Because of the program, I was already a little familiar with the office and some of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you in conflict with a superior / supervisor. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was a little vague with simulation questions that very hard to decipher. It personally was a great fit for me. It seemed like a great company to work for but definitely not for everyone. Overall, I would recommend to someone else but let them know to be sure know what they're getting into before the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews on site. Each round consists of two separate 45-minute interviews that have a fit portion and one case interview. The first round of case interview is more organized while the second round with Principals/Partners is more casual.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome an obstacle in a team setting?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, consisting of two fit and case interviews back to back. Each was conducted in person by project leaders in the local office. Fit portion consisted of typical walk me through your resume questions, probing about leadership, team work and challenges. The case interviews were very different and were pulled from two different industries. The interviewers were very personable. The cases were relatively simple, but the stress of the situation can fluster any candidate.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Standard, two interviews, each with a fit and case portion. I clicked with one interviewer but not the other. Tell me about a time when you royally damaged your credibility and how you fixed it.

Interview Questions

• How would you cut costs for the IT department of a large fortune 500 company?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview through Bridge program as ADC, meaning 3 months to prepare. Lots of feedback and guidance, including 2 mock interviews with consultants. Actual interviews: 2 interviews a week apart, each with 2 sets of 15 min fit and then ~20 min case, with one written case in final interview. Written case was by far the most complicated.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a practice phone interview a few days before the real deal. First round was two interviews with current consultants. Half fit, half case, with time for questions at the end. Second round was two interviews again, one with a principal and one with a partner. The case with the principal was a written case, which I enjoyed much more than the regular cases, and the second case with the partner was more typical, but less structured than usual.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round interviews consist of 2 case based interviews back to back. Structure is: 5 mins is overall get to know you, 20 mins case interview, 10 mins behavioral fit.
    Final round is 3 interviews of basically the same format in the office where you intend to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the best team you worked on and why was it such a good team because of you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I flew to Dallas for an in person interview. The interview was your standard consulting job interview. A few case questions, all of which were rather difficult. I know when I walked out that I wouldn't be receiving this job.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was called in for 1st and 2nd round interviews. Since I was an Advanced Degree Candidate I had to show more business or leadership experience, as I was from a field unrelated to business. The interviewers were genuinely interested in my personality and non-academic experience. The first 15 min was fit and behavioral questions, which I thought were important for connecting to your interviewer and impressing them if possible. The following 25 minutes were case-solving, usually much simpler than what you find in case study books. The remaining 5 minutes are questions you may have for your interviewer, so try to come up with questions that show you are interested and passionate.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had a powerful impact.
      Talk about a team experience that was rewarding   1 Answer

See What Boston Consulting Group Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Boston Consulting Group cares about your personal growth. They provide many opportunities for you to grow whether in your skills or advancement. Everyone is professional, friendly, and...”“Boston Consulting Group cares about your personal growth. They provide many opportunities for you to grow whether in your skills or advancement. Everyone is professional, friendly, and always happy to answer any questions. The company culture is amazing and they seem to care about you as a person versus another number. You never have to worry about insurance, days off, sick days or anything because they have some of the best policies I've seen. There is a reason why they are one of the best companies to work for.” – Full Review