Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 rounds, each round consisted of two 45 minute interviews. (so a total of 4 interviewers). I was applying for the Dubai office and the first round was in Beirut and the second was in Dubai. The questions for the first say 15-20 minutes arce standard- they just want to get to know you. They ask about weaknesses, strengths, hobbies, pry into items on the cv and out of the blue questions. The second half of the interview would be cast studies but bare in mind that memorizing the frameworks doesn't work for all cases thrown at you by your interviewer, so come prepared.

Interview Questions

• A 100 years from now, The Economist will publish your obituary. What will it say about you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

I enjoyed the process very much. As opposed to other elite offices, BCG Tel Aviv tried to create stress free environment in order to allow the candidates to do their best.
    The process was very professional in terms of it's speed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I flew to Dallas for an in person interview. The interview was your standard consulting job interview. A few case questions, all of which were rather difficult. I know when I walked out that I wouldn't be receiving this job.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

1- Test Questions
    2- Case interview. Initally I was rejected but a few weeks ago they called again. A bit confusing.
    3- Two cases. Initial one not very challenging, second one more difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from BCG?
      Why should we hire you?
      Commitment to consulting.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

mcq questions (points deducted with wrong answers) -> a lot of calculation, more difficult
    and a case study to answer -> they are looking how you present your thought processes clearly.
    ask about your backgroud, education & experience

Interview Questions

• should a your client from China invest in property market in Indonesia?What is your advice?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2016.

Interview

For MBAs, there are 2 rounds with 2 interviews each. each interview had 10 minutes talking about myself, why consulting, why bcg, something of my CV... and around 40 min for doing a case. Cases were nos difficult, in fact, they were easy, so doing well the case is not enough, they are checking the way you interact and the personal fit

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 back-to-back interviews, 45 minutes each on site. ~15 minutes behavioural, ~25 minutes case, ~5 minutes my own questions. First case they tried to trip me up by giving me numbers in all different units, so be careful to check your units and math. Second case was really easy and the interviewers was much more skilled in tailoring his nudging.

They got back to me after three days, politely thanking me and informing me that they wouldn't be advancing me.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting, other than 'lots of variety, work on teams'?
      What sectors are you interested in and why?
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews with senior managers and took the "online case".
    Then I was called again to have 3 more interviews with partners, finally 1 interview with the HR responsible.

Interview Questions

• Business cases (some on real projects)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied to consultant position. two rounds of interview. first round was standard behavioral and case. second round was a lot more flexible as it was with partners. they really try to stress test you so don't freak out. i didn't think i did well at all for my final round but was called first thing in the morning the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• why consulting, why bcg, how did you make a compromise.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consists of 3 rounds. The first round was a 45 minute online test followed by 2 interviews and cases. The 2nd round was a 2 hour written case followed by a 10 minute presentation at the end. The 3rd round was two case interviews with partners. The entire process took 1 month.

Interview Questions

• The cases became progressively more difficult each round. The final round consisted of two very difficult cases.   Answer Question