Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.8

257 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Ich habe mich online beworben. Der folgende (halbe) Vorstellungstag beinhaltete 4 Elemente:
- Zwei persönliche Interviews mit Cases (Schätzung und Vorgehen) zu realen Projekten
- PC-Case vor Ort (Zahlen- und Businessverständnis)
- Fragerunde in einer Gruppe von Bewerbern

Interview Questions

• Nennen Sie uns pro Quadrant der Feedback-Matrix eine Situation, die Sie persönlich erlebt haben.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Standard first round: 2 45-min interviews.
    Each starts with a personal experience interview where they ask you questions based off of your resume. Then you proceed into a case that your interviewer has selected...which seems to usually be in an area that they have worked or know well. Lastly, they ask you if you have any questions for them.
    I have not heard if I have a second round interview yet.

Interview Questions

• When beginning a new job, was this ever unstructured and what did you do?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

applied through summer program, first round got two case interviews with fit. flew by very quickly. about 10minutes on fit and rest on case. very conversational in nature. i talked through a lot of my though processes and my interviewer helped guide me through which avenues to explore.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online exam first, then two case interviews. One is in person and the second is via conference call.

The interview had two parts, a personal experience question and a case interview. the cases were more strategy and marketing cases.

Interview Questions

• Asked about background, why you made your career choices and what you did   Answer Question
    • Did case interviews, mostly unstructured   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2017.

Interview

Sample test with 6 (3x2) rounds of follow-up interviews. Heavily based on case-study and HR-specific (motivation, problem-solving, etc.) moduls.
    The process was relatively smooth and fast, never waiting more than 1 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that required an unorthodox / different approach to solve?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Vienna (Austria)) in July 2017.

Interview

Man kommt im Büro an, wird herzlich begrüßt und dann in den Interview Raum gebracht. Dort gibt es 2 Interviews und danach noch einen Online Test. Während der Gespräche wird man ständig mit Getränken versorgt.

Interview Questions

• Es werden in den Interviews zuerst Fragen zum Lebenslauf und zur Motivation gestellt danach gibt es zwei typische Case Interviews.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consist of 1st stage computer test, 25 questions, 45 minutes. The second round is two interviews with 10 minutes personal interview and 20 minutes case interviews. The third round with partners consist of three interviews (personal + case). The cases in the last round are more complex than the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement so far?
      Case interviews: Second round - mostly around profit and loss
      Case interviews: Final round - test various business concepts   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

This was the Round 1 of the application process. It follows after a phone-screening interview. Round 1 interview process includes a fit interview (getting to know about you) and the case study which is an assessment on whether or not you can handle consulting on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Mergers and Acquisition question of magazine companies in the US that are trying to adapt to globalization and reduce costs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

You have to network a lot, then you may get invited to a first interview with two people (each one will ask behavioral questions and give you one case). When you pass will have another two interviews with more senior people.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

3 month period from application to final round interview. 3 separate rounds of interviews with a consultant and project lead for the first round, senior partners for the second round and another partner for the third round. Background questions and case questions. Second round had a written case.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you dealt with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question