Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

3.8

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, consisting of two fit and case interviews back to back. Each was conducted in person by project leaders in the local office. Fit portion consisted of typical walk me through your resume questions, probing about leadership, team work and challenges. The case interviews were very different and were pulled from two different industries. The interviewers were very personable. The cases were relatively simple, but the stress of the situation can fluster any candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Standard, two interviews, each with a fit and case portion. I clicked with one interviewer but not the other. Tell me about a time when you royally damaged your credibility and how you fixed it.

Interview Questions

• How would you cut costs for the IT department of a large fortune 500 company?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview through Bridge program as ADC, meaning 3 months to prepare. Lots of feedback and guidance, including 2 mock interviews with consultants. Actual interviews: 2 interviews a week apart, each with 2 sets of 15 min fit and then ~20 min case, with one written case in final interview. Written case was by far the most complicated.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a practice phone interview a few days before the real deal. First round was two interviews with current consultants. Half fit, half case, with time for questions at the end. Second round was two interviews again, one with a principal and one with a partner. The case with the principal was a written case, which I enjoyed much more than the regular cases, and the second case with the partner was more typical, but less structured than usual.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round interviews consist of 2 case based interviews back to back. Structure is: 5 mins is overall get to know you, 20 mins case interview, 10 mins behavioral fit.
    Final round is 3 interviews of basically the same format in the office where you intend to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the best team you worked on and why was it such a good team because of you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I flew to Dallas for an in person interview. The interview was your standard consulting job interview. A few case questions, all of which were rather difficult. I know when I walked out that I wouldn't be receiving this job.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was called in for 1st and 2nd round interviews. Since I was an Advanced Degree Candidate I had to show more business or leadership experience, as I was from a field unrelated to business. The interviewers were genuinely interested in my personality and non-academic experience. The first 15 min was fit and behavioral questions, which I thought were important for connecting to your interviewer and impressing them if possible. The following 25 minutes were case-solving, usually much simpler than what you find in case study books. The remaining 5 minutes are questions you may have for your interviewer, so try to come up with questions that show you are interested and passionate.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had a powerful impact.
      Talk about a team experience that was rewarding   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting (OCR). First-round interviews are usually given by Consultants and Project Leaders. These interviews typically test the structure of your thinking and your ability to analyze data and tease out implications. Decision-round interviews are usually given by Principals and Partners. These interviews typically test your presence and creativity.

Interview Questions

• (2011) How would you advise Toyota on their recent car-safety issues?   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-line as my university is non-core school. On-site interview. I had to pay the expense. 45 minutes x 2.
    Half case and half behavioral. Not very hard and pretty straight forward.

You get interviewers' bios so that you can review them beforehand.

People were really friendly. When I was waiting, consultants in the office came to me to have a chat. Overall, very positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through university, received first round on campus. Two case interviews (back-to-back) with mid-level consultants. Each interview consists of mostly the case (25-30 minutes) and some questions in the beginning targeted at determining fit/leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview, 2-3 behavioral questions up front   Answer Question