Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

3.8

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Interview

You have to go through 2 rounds of interviews, first with project leaders and principles (case interviews and fit questions), and then with principles and partners (case interviews and fit questions)

Interview Questions

• Case Prompt:

 Your client owns a factory that makes things. The client is very rich and so the quantity of products

made is not important, nor is revenue.

 The client wants to buy a robot and fire all his employees, but only if it is cheaper to do so.

 What should he do?Case Prompt:

made is not important, nor is revenue.

 What should he do?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in June 2016.

Interview

We first did an online test, which was too long for the time they give you to make you nervous, so keep calm and answer the questions (if you do more than half be happy), and then two rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work here?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There were two on campus 30 minute case interviews. Before getting into the case there were a couple behavioral questions. One case had a lot of exhibits and the other was much more theoretical

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume you would like me to know about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a first round interview after previously attending the Bridge to BCG program. Because of the program, I was already a little familiar with the office and some of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you in conflict with a superior / supervisor. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Nach Online Bewerbung innerhalb von zwei Wochen Rückruf.
    Sehr schneller und freundlicher Ablauf der Bewerbung.
    Sehr kompetentes Feedback und Empfehlungen, wo auf persönliche Entwicklung und Kompetenzen errötet wurden.
    Insgesamt eine tolle Erfahrung und sehr gute Organisation von Boston Consulting Group.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in May 2016.

Interview

Curricular analysis, then online test in the office. The system went down in the middle of the exam, and didn't save the answers. Few time to complete all again. They gave a "second" chance do tô the exam, but tI believe that the poor performance of the first one when I could answer unfelt half due system problems influence the results. Tip: draw your answers on the paper!

Interview Questions

• Mathematical questions mainly   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

Felt it was very subjective and not a good experience at all. Did well in the case but the lady Vietnamese (?) Principal was having a bad day and she wasn't listening anymore despite getting the case right. Not something you would experience with McKinsey I think.

Interview Questions

• What is the best firm in the world?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews on site. Each round consists of two separate 45-minute interviews that have a fit portion and one case interview. The first round of case interview is more organized while the second round with Principals/Partners is more casual.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome an obstacle in a team setting?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of two case interviews along with personality interviews. First round were conducted with Consultant/Project Leaders, second round with Principals. First round on campus, second round was at the office you were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to get a consensus.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended online webinars for PhD students. Then applied online and was invited for an interview in NYC. It was somewhat disorganized; I was led to the wrong room and the interviewers seemed overwhelmed and rushed. One was quite unpleasant, particularly compared to non-BCG consulting interviewers.

Both consisted of cases, one a valuation case about purchasing an NBA franchise and another about declining sales and profitability. Both fairly straightforward, although there was some intermediate accounting knowledge needed.

Interview Questions

• How does [x experience] relate and prepare you for consulting at BCG?   1 Answer