Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2016.

Interview

Eerste ronde bestaat uit 2 interviews met een case en persoonlijke vragen, en een online case. De online case bestaat uit zowel verbaal redeneren als cijfermatig redeneren. Bij de persoonlijke vragen is het goed om meerdere voorbeelden in detail uit te werken en gestructureerd antwoord te geven.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Two rounds or three mini interviews. Each has a selection of fit questions and then a scenario based section.

The interviews were 50% fit & 50% scenarion

First round of interviews was with principals and project leaders. The second round was with the partners.

They called the night of the interviews to offer the job.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a combination for personal experience and 1st round of case interview. The interviewer was nice but did not have time to really prepare and was really early in the morning. Should have prepared more. They asked standard personal experience questions such as why you want to join consulting and tell the work you did before. For my interviewer, i was not lucky that the interview got his number mixed up. The second case interview, the interviewer did not listed properly as i already gave her the correct answer. Perhaps not my lucky day and need to be more confident and concise

Interview Questions

• Case interview about venturing into new business
      Case interview about decline in market share
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

2 rounds, 5 interviews
    Each interview with 15 min fit, 25 min business case, 5 min questions
    Interviewers are very friendly and willing to help with the case. Critical to have good "stories" for the fit portion. Case interview felt more like a discussion but it is important to "drive" the case to a recommendation and not just wait for the interviewer to ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was a little vague with simulation questions that very hard to decipher. It personally was a great fit for me. It seemed like a great company to work for but definitely not for everyone. Overall, I would recommend to someone else but let them know to be sure know what they're getting into before the interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

two first round interviews with Principals. two final round interviews with partners. each interview was the same: 10-15 minutes of fit questions, 30-40 min for case interview, 5-10 minutes of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you had to solve, your approach, and the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a practice phone interview a few days before the real deal. First round was two interviews with current consultants. Half fit, half case, with time for questions at the end. Second round was two interviews again, one with a principal and one with a partner. The case with the principal was a written case, which I enjoyed much more than the regular cases, and the second case with the partner was more typical, but less structured than usual.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview through Bridge program as ADC, meaning 3 months to prepare. Lots of feedback and guidance, including 2 mock interviews with consultants. Actual interviews: 2 interviews a week apart, each with 2 sets of 15 min fit and then ~20 min case, with one written case in final interview. Written case was by far the most complicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through school after finishing grad school. I had a few connections who I made sure knew I was applying. I think anyone who has the academic and professional credentials who deserve an interview should be given one; however, the reality is that there are so many qualified people. I know BCG is trying to vamp up their minority consultant profiles so if you are a person of color, gay, or a veteran, you should really highlight this in your resume and BE SURE to reach out to people in the "BCG Network". Assuming you are a good candidate, this will get you an interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you take the job today if we offered it to you?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between leadership and management?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2016.

Interview

2 round of interviews. 1st with principles and knowledge team lead. 2nd round with partner. All are composed of one case, fit and Q&A. Marketing sizing came up in all 3 cases. There is not much data provided and you have to drive the case. Be prepared for pressure test