Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.8

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I just applied online from a college alumni career posting and then the interview was setup at the local or regional office of your choice. Interview was with a new consultant and a principal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

mcq questions (points deducted with wrong answers) -> a lot of calculation, more difficult
    and a case study to answer -> they are looking how you present your thought processes clearly.
    ask about your backgroud, education & experience

Interview Questions

• should a your client from China invest in property market in Indonesia?What is your advice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First round in Dallas, final round in Boston. Both rounds included 2 case interviews back to back. The first round was an enjoyable process, everyone was very friendly. The ADC candidates were brought to a room between interviews where we could speak with newly hired ADCs. I thought this was a nice touch and gave us the opportunity to ask additional questions to those with similar backgrounds who had just gone through the same process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a consultant? (Advanced degree candidate)   Answer Question
    • The final round this year included a written case. You are given a deck of slides with a large amount of data and 45 minutes to prepare for a presentation with your interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews by many different teams and executives.

They were very focused and really wanted to know your background and giving specific examples. They also do a lot of follow up questions. You can't lie your way through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would be your motto?   58 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2015.

Interview

Awesome Experience! You need to prepare for it, but BCG folks help out a lot. They make sure you are comfortable and relaxed. They are the nicest people on the planet. Interviews were tough for sure, especially Round 2 cases. I used professional to prepare (menk.gupte on skype). That helped a lot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself for PEI. Cases were about profitability, portfolio optimization and capacity improvement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a nice experience. Three one on one session. You will have chance to meet very smart and motivated people. The interview itself is normal consulting type case interview + personal experience interview. each one is about 40 min. Make sure have adequate practice before being there since it may need you have ability to drive the case from the beginning to the end.

Anonymous Employee in Italy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Italy, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical consulting interview process with case studies and personal fits questions, a couple of rounds with consultants from different seniorities. Before getting access to the case studies a couple of tests are required to pass: one numerical tests with calculations and one logical test with figures, quite easy but the difficult thing is the time. Afterwards, together with the case study interviews, there is another online case test done on the computer but very similar to interviews as it is always a case study

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Final round: Two interviews with two principals. One focusing on personal experience and a short case, one with a "written case" and more in-depth personal experience questions. For the written case, one is supposed to spend 45 min reading the materials (a slide deck and a memo in my case) and then present to the interviewer their thinking process and findings.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? What wakes you up in the morning?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

In the first round, I met with two mid-level employees for 45 minutes each. Most of the time was spent on a case, with 5 to 10 minutes of fit questions for me, and a chance for me to ask questions of them. In the final round, I met with two senior employees. The format was similar - 45 minutes spent with each person, most of the time spent on the cases, with 10 minutes or so for fit questions at the end. One of the cases in the final round was a written case. Three of the four people I met with were very pleasant. I suspect the fourth may have been a stress interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time in which you had to persuade others to your point of view.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through on the ADC track and had two round of interviews. Everyone was friendly, professional and encouraging to the extent that I started to feel a real connection with the company. Unfortunately I was not extended an offer after the second round. I would highly recommend BCG. it's a really great place if you can get in.

Interview Questions

• Second round interview consisted of a standard 45-minute interview as well as a written case that was 1 1/2 hrs in total. Key to solving both: prioritize goals, keep structure clean, state conclusions succinctly.   Answer Question