Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2009.

Interview

very organized hiring process. two case interviews with two different consultants on real cases worked on in the past. cases were very solution driven. fit interview to start that focused on who you are and your motivations not just career wise. very professional and cordial interviewers. creative answers and thoughts well received.

Interview Questions

• What skill would you need to work on most in starting this position?   1 Answer
  • How do you manage your work life balance?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2008.

Interview

All of the communications were highly professional. The interviews were typical of what one would expect, 2 behavioral/case interviews in the first round and 3 behavioral/case interviews in the third round. Preparation is a must to perform well, however having a positive attitude along with some luck always helps. The number of interviews is helpful in getting multiple opportunities to show one's skills; conversely each interview provides a further opportunity to fail. In order to obtain an offer, every interview must go reasonably well.

Interview Questions

• The interviewee needs to know his/her resume backwards and forwards. Based on my resume, I was asked what my two favorite authors are, why that is so, and what I had read most recently by them. I did not expect the question to be so detailed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Nach Online Bewerbung innerhalb von zwei Wochen Rückruf.
    Sehr schneller und freundlicher Ablauf der Bewerbung.
    Sehr kompetentes Feedback und Empfehlungen, wo auf persönliche Entwicklung und Kompetenzen errötet wurden.
    Insgesamt eine tolle Erfahrung und sehr gute Organisation von Boston Consulting Group.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in May 2016.

Interview

Curricular analysis, then online test in the office. The system went down in the middle of the exam, and didn't save the answers. Few time to complete all again. They gave a "second" chance do tô the exam, but tI believe that the poor performance of the first one when I could answer unfelt half due system problems influence the results. Tip: draw your answers on the paper!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews on site. Each round consists of two separate 45-minute interviews that have a fit portion and one case interview. The first round of case interview is more organized while the second round with Principals/Partners is more casual.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome an obstacle in a team setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of two case interviews along with personality interviews. First round were conducted with Consultant/Project Leaders, second round with Principals. First round on campus, second round was at the office you were interviewing for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended online webinars for PhD students. Then applied online and was invited for an interview in NYC. It was somewhat disorganized; I was led to the wrong room and the interviewers seemed overwhelmed and rushed. One was quite unpleasant, particularly compared to non-BCG consulting interviewers.

Both consisted of cases, one a valuation case about purchasing an NBA franchise and another about declining sales and profitability. Both fairly straightforward, although there was some intermediate accounting knowledge needed.

Interview Questions

• How does [x experience] relate and prepare you for consulting at BCG?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First Round interview. Process was a bit like herding cattle. Interviewers pushed interviewees through 45 minute blocks and then taking the next straight after. The interview itself was the standard behavior and case study process for consulting.

The cases that I got were a mixed bag, one very tough for me, the other easier. Some difficulty in the process has to do with who gives the case and whether their style is approachable. In my case the first interviewer was more challenging to interact with compared to the second.

Personally felt a mix of positives and negatives at the end. Writing this before I have found out whether I will get a second round. As a result I am writing no, just to hedge my bets.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

I enjoyed the process very much. As opposed to other elite offices, BCG Tel Aviv tried to create stress free environment in order to allow the candidates to do their best.
    The process was very professional in terms of it's speed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I flew to Dallas for an in person interview. The interview was your standard consulting job interview. A few case questions, all of which were rather difficult. I know when I walked out that I wouldn't be receiving this job.