Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

3.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Nach Online Bewerbung innerhalb von zwei Wochen Rückruf.
Sehr schneller und freundlicher Ablauf der Bewerbung.
Sehr kompetentes Feedback und Empfehlungen, wo auf persönliche Entwicklung und Kompetenzen errötet wurden.
Insgesamt eine tolle Erfahrung und sehr gute Organisation von Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in May 2016.

Interview

Curricular analysis, then online test in the office. The system went down in the middle of the exam, and didn't save the answers. Few time to complete all again. They gave a "second" chance do tô the exam, but tI believe that the poor performance of the first one when I could answer unfelt half due system problems influence the results. Tip: draw your answers on the paper!

Interview Questions

• Mathematical questions mainly   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews on site. Each round consists of two separate 45-minute interviews that have a fit portion and one case interview. The first round of case interview is more organized while the second round with Principals/Partners is more casual.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome an obstacle in a team setting?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of two case interviews along with personality interviews. First round were conducted with Consultant/Project Leaders, second round with Principals. First round on campus, second round was at the office you were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to get a consensus.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended online webinars for PhD students. Then applied online and was invited for an interview in NYC. It was somewhat disorganized; I was led to the wrong room and the interviewers seemed overwhelmed and rushed. One was quite unpleasant, particularly compared to non-BCG consulting interviewers.

Both consisted of cases, one a valuation case about purchasing an NBA franchise and another about declining sales and profitability. Both fairly straightforward, although there was some intermediate accounting knowledge needed.

Interview Questions

• How does [x experience] relate and prepare you for consulting at BCG?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First Round interview. Process was a bit like herding cattle. Interviewers pushed interviewees through 45 minute blocks and then taking the next straight after. The interview itself was the standard behavior and case study process for consulting.

The cases that I got were a mixed bag, one very tough for me, the other easier. Some difficulty in the process has to do with who gives the case and whether their style is approachable. In my case the first interviewer was more challenging to interact with compared to the second.

Personally felt a mix of positives and negatives at the end. Writing this before I have found out whether I will get a second round. As a result I am writing no, just to hedge my bets.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major challenge in your recent past.   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

I enjoyed the process very much. As opposed to other elite offices, BCG Tel Aviv tried to create stress free environment in order to allow the candidates to do their best.
    The process was very professional in terms of it's speed.

Interview Questions

• Why I am interested to work in consulting?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you failed at something?   1 Answer
    • What do you think consultants do?   1 Answer
    • What skills are you bringing to the table?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I flew to Dallas for an in person interview. The interview was your standard consulting job interview. A few case questions, all of which were rather difficult. I know when I walked out that I wouldn't be receiving this job.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

1- Test Questions
    2- Case interview. Initally I was rejected but a few weeks ago they called again. A bit confusing.
    3- Two cases. Initial one not very challenging, second one more difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from BCG?
      Why should we hire you?
      Commitment to consulting.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

mcq questions (points deducted with wrong answers) -> a lot of calculation, more difficult
    and a case study to answer -> they are looking how you present your thought processes clearly.
    ask about your backgroud, education & experience

Interview Questions

• should a your client from China invest in property market in Indonesia?What is your advice?   1 Answer