Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.8

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

College campus initiated process with a resume drop. First round: 3 separate 30 minute interviews (resume and business case). Second round: 4 separate 30 minute interviews (resume and business case).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. 2 back to back case interview each round. Good learning experience. Unfortunately I didn't get the offer. Very professional experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interviews were rigorous and difficult. Important to maintain cool under pressure. Must have hypothesis driven approach and interviewee must drive the case. Good structure and math are expected. Solution - practice... a lot.

1 round interview - 2 interviews in local office. Mix of behavioral and case interviews with Project Leader and Principal.
    Decision round - 3 interviews in the office of choice/preference. Again Mix of behavioral and case interviews with Partners and Principals.

Interview Questions

• Rigor of the cases. Must have creative solutions yet also suggest implementable solutions to tough problems in a very short time (approx. 25 min cases).   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Best in class offers.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Long and strenuous interview process, but a great experience

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a trucking company that was experiencing revenue loss year-over-year.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Applied through the Advanced degree route. BCG came to campus for a presentation. Case practice workshop was conducted for first round interviewees. First round was in Chicago. Interviewed by two projects leaders. Each interview consisted of a 10 min fit component, a 30 minute case and 5 min Q&A. Fit and case were both pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Heavy on data analysis from graphs/tables. Need to be quick/thorough with math.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Submit my resume through campus recruiting in September. Got selected for interviews. The first round was on campus, two case interviews. Each interview took about 30 minutes. Second round was on-site in October. There were 3 case interviews. Case interviews were similar to those in the first round.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

case interviews- first round has 2 cases on campus and the second round has two cases- in the office. Basically you have to crack the cases.

Also, there is a focus on behavioral- tell me about a time when- that kind of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Miami, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

BCG came on campus. Resume got selected through the pool. Interview scheduled within two weeks of application.

Two rounds. First one was on campus. Two 30 minutes interview with 5-7 minutes of behavioral then a case study. Both interviews lasted more than 45 minutes.

Second round at the office. Three 30 minutes talk scheduled. This time emphasis more on fit but still a case study involved. Met with few other members at the office as well.

Impression: Super cool bunch of people. Very impressed. I like them better than McKinsey or Bain. Top notch firm...! Take an offer if you get it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary or trick question. Case study was straight forward. They try to help you along like you're working on an assignment together. Show them your work while discussing it. DO NOT mess up the simple math and do it on the fly. If you're making math related mistakes, you won't get a second round. Simple as that.   Answer Question

I'm more interested in I-Banking than Consulting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied as a PhD student from a non-target school and was invited for a first round interview in the office. Interview consisted of two behavioral/case interviews. One interview was with a principal and the other was with a project manager. Cases were fairly standard affairs and were based on actual projects that the interviewers worked on.

Interview Questions

• A pharmaceutical wants to expand to China or Mexico. Which one should they move into?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I went to several presentations on campus and spoke to many of the ADC consultants from the west coast. Everyone was extremely friendly and open. It helps to network before submitting the cover letter through the website.
    Once submitted, they were a little inconsistent in letting people know whether they had a first round interview. They invited us to an interview prep workshop 2 days before which was nice but a little too late. My interviewers were great but I ultimately was unable to read the situation and do well.

Interview Questions

• Business case didn't feel like the practice ones given. Case on solar panels. Not quite interviewer or interviewee led. Still was interesting even though I could tell by their body language that I was not going on to the next round.   Answer Question