Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.8

244 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Vienna (Austria)) in July 2017.

Interview

Man kommt im Büro an, wird herzlich begrüßt und dann in den Interview Raum gebracht. Dort gibt es 2 Interviews und danach noch einen Online Test. Während der Gespräche wird man ständig mit Getränken versorgt.

Interview Questions

• Es werden in den Interviews zuerst Fragen zum Lebenslauf und zur Motivation gestellt danach gibt es zwei typische Case Interviews.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consist of 1st stage computer test, 25 questions, 45 minutes. The second round is two interviews with 10 minutes personal interview and 20 minutes case interviews. The third round with partners consist of three interviews (personal + case). The cases in the last round are more complex than the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement so far?
      Case interviews: Second round - mostly around profit and loss
      Case interviews: Final round - test various business concepts   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

This was the Round 1 of the application process. It follows after a phone-screening interview. Round 1 interview process includes a fit interview (getting to know about you) and the case study which is an assessment on whether or not you can handle consulting on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Mergers and Acquisition question of magazine companies in the US that are trying to adapt to globalization and reduce costs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

You have to network a lot, then you may get invited to a first interview with two people (each one will ask behavioral questions and give you one case). When you pass will have another two interviews with more senior people.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

3 month period from application to final round interview. 3 separate rounds of interviews with a consultant and project lead for the first round, senior partners for the second round and another partner for the third round. Background questions and case questions. Second round had a written case.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you dealt with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Very professional environment and process. Everyone was helpful and found my way quickly. 2 case interviews each 45 mins long. A few questions about yourself and spent most of the time on case interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

They called me directly for a face to face round. There was a panel of 2. The interviewers were not open to listening. They had few premeditated answers in their mind and they expected me to give my answer according to that.
    Also, I felt that the panel was missing technical competency and they were not open to learning as well.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Typical case study interview process - 2 rounds of 3 1 hour case study interviews, some competency questions based on your CV followed by a case study in each session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews with fit questions and case study. Both involved interpreting graph data and making business recommendations. Everyone was very professional and made it a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a leader in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

Sehr professionelles Interview mit detailliertem Feedback. Eine Atmosphäre des Drucks wird vermieden - ganz im Gegenteil, es wird dem Kandidaten bewusst gemacht, dass es Interesse an guten Leistungen gibt. Auswahl der Interviewpartner nach Interessen des Kandidaten. Grundsätzlich werden sowohl fachliche Fragen, Fragen zu "Soft-Skills", und Motivation aber auch Cases gestellt.

Interview Questions

• Beschreiben Sie die Aktiva und Passiva auf einer Bankbilanz.   Answer Question