Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round interviews consist of 2 case based interviews back to back. Structure is: 5 mins is overall get to know you, 20 mins case interview, 10 mins behavioral fit.
Final round is 3 interviews of basically the same format in the office where you intend to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the best team you worked on and why was it such a good team because of you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I flew to Dallas for an in person interview. The interview was your standard consulting job interview. A few case questions, all of which were rather difficult. I know when I walked out that I wouldn't be receiving this job.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was called in for 1st and 2nd round interviews. Since I was an Advanced Degree Candidate I had to show more business or leadership experience, as I was from a field unrelated to business. The interviewers were genuinely interested in my personality and non-academic experience. The first 15 min was fit and behavioral questions, which I thought were important for connecting to your interviewer and impressing them if possible. The following 25 minutes were case-solving, usually much simpler than what you find in case study books. The remaining 5 minutes are questions you may have for your interviewer, so try to come up with questions that show you are interested and passionate.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had a powerful impact.
      Talk about a team experience that was rewarding
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting (OCR). First-round interviews are usually given by Consultants and Project Leaders. These interviews typically test the structure of your thinking and your ability to analyze data and tease out implications. Decision-round interviews are usually given by Principals and Partners. These interviews typically test your presence and creativity.

Interview Questions

• (2011) How would you advise Toyota on their recent car-safety issues?   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-line as my university is non-core school. On-site interview. I had to pay the expense. 45 minutes x 2.
    Half case and half behavioral. Not very hard and pretty straight forward.

You get interviewers' bios so that you can review them beforehand.

People were really friendly. When I was waiting, consultants in the office came to me to have a chat. Overall, very positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through university, received first round on campus. Two case interviews (back-to-back) with mid-level consultants. Each interview consists of mostly the case (25-30 minutes) and some questions in the beginning targeted at determining fit/leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview, 2-3 behavioral questions up front   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of 2 case/fit interviews. Both interviews were 45 minutes each with a written case in the final interview. Interviewers were nice, engaged, and thoughtful. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2015.

Interview

Two 1:1 interviews, 45 min each. 2 fit questions for each interview, followed by a case. Whole process was very professionally done, but had a tougher time connecting with the interviewers. Be very prepared for the fit questions, they try to throw out curve balls.

Interview Questions

• Cases were both in healthcare - market entry and increasing profitability.
      Unusual fit questions - tell me about how you deal with ambiguity, what industry would you want to work in if you join BCG and what space within that do you think BCG should occupy more of.
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Two interviewers, 2 fit questions followed by a case. The whole process was very professional, however it was hard to connect with the interviewer within such a short time.

Interview Questions

• Both cases were in healthcare, first was market entry and second was increasing profitability.
      Unusual fit questions included "how do you deal with ambiguity", "what industry would you want to work in if you join BCG".
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

After sending an interview invitation, BCG provided a number of resources to help prepare: a buddy who gave me a practice case over the phone, an on-site case interview workshop, a small group brainstorming and structuring workshop, and an on-site practice interview.

My first-round interview consisted of two ~hour-long meetings, with an APD consultant and a principal in the industry most relevant to my dissertation. Each meeting included some informal questions about my background, a case interview, and time to ask questions of the interviewer. Both interviewers were very friendly: this gave me the (apparently incorrect) impression that they were satisfied with my responses, which at least kept me relaxed throughout.

I interviewed on a Thursday and received the notice that I had not advanced to the second round the following Monday: a short email rather than a phone call. I heard during the process that there would be a novel case format for those who continued to the second round, but know nothing about it.