Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied in July 2015 for an ADC consultant position and was contacted in mid August to schedule an onsite interview. Interviewed with two consultants at BCG New York in mid Sept. Each gave a 15min behavioral session followed by a 30min candidate-led case interview. Solved the cases with the help of the consultants but unfortunately didn't get into the decision round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a leadership story? How to improve the revenue of a regional bank?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through school after finishing grad school. I had a few connections who I made sure knew I was applying. I think anyone who has the academic and professional credentials who deserve an interview should be given one; however, the reality is that there are so many qualified people. I know BCG is trying to vamp up their minority consultant profiles so if you are a person of color, gay, or a veteran, you should really highlight this in your resume and BE SURE to reach out to people in the "BCG Network". Assuming you are a good candidate, this will get you an interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you take the job today if we offered it to you?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between leadership and management?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online. Invited to their office for first round. 2 in-person interviews, 45 minutes each, 1:1, behavioral + case. Nothing was out of the ordinary with cases. One case was about revenue growth, the other was about cutting cost. One interviewer has MBA, the other is a PhD. The whole interview process was fast. Heard back next working day.

Interview Questions

• Routine behavioral questions. One did ask about something on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I just applied online from a college alumni career posting and then the interview was setup at the local or regional office of your choice. Interview was with a new consultant and a principal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

mcq questions (points deducted with wrong answers) -> a lot of calculation, more difficult
    and a case study to answer -> they are looking how you present your thought processes clearly.
    ask about your backgroud, education & experience

Interview Questions

• should a your client from China invest in property market in Indonesia?What is your advice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First round in Dallas, final round in Boston. Both rounds included 2 case interviews back to back. The first round was an enjoyable process, everyone was very friendly. The ADC candidates were brought to a room between interviews where we could speak with newly hired ADCs. I thought this was a nice touch and gave us the opportunity to ask additional questions to those with similar backgrounds who had just gone through the same process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a consultant? (Advanced degree candidate)   Answer Question
    • The final round this year included a written case. You are given a deck of slides with a large amount of data and 45 minutes to prepare for a presentation with your interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews by many different teams and executives.

They were very focused and really wanted to know your background and giving specific examples. They also do a lot of follow up questions. You can't lie your way through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would be your motto?   56 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2015.

Interview

Awesome Experience! You need to prepare for it, but BCG folks help out a lot. They make sure you are comfortable and relaxed. They are the nicest people on the planet. Interviews were tough for sure, especially Round 2 cases. I used professional to prepare (menk.gupte on skype). That helped a lot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself for PEI. Cases were about profitability, portfolio optimization and capacity improvement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a nice experience. Three one on one session. You will have chance to meet very smart and motivated people. The interview itself is normal consulting type case interview + personal experience interview. each one is about 40 min. Make sure have adequate practice before being there since it may need you have ability to drive the case from the beginning to the end.

Anonymous Employee in Italy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Italy, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical consulting interview process with case studies and personal fits questions, a couple of rounds with consultants from different seniorities. Before getting access to the case studies a couple of tests are required to pass: one numerical tests with calculations and one logical test with figures, quite easy but the difficult thing is the time. Afterwards, together with the case study interviews, there is another online case test done on the computer but very similar to interviews as it is always a case study