Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.8

257 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-line as my university is non-core school. On-site interview. I had to pay the expense. 45 minutes x 2.
Half case and half behavioral. Not very hard and pretty straight forward.

You get interviewers' bios so that you can review them beforehand.

People were really friendly. When I was waiting, consultants in the office came to me to have a chat. Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through university, received first round on campus. Two case interviews (back-to-back) with mid-level consultants. Each interview consists of mostly the case (25-30 minutes) and some questions in the beginning targeted at determining fit/leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview, 2-3 behavioral questions up front   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of 2 case/fit interviews. Both interviews were 45 minutes each with a written case in the final interview. Interviewers were nice, engaged, and thoughtful. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2015.

Interview

Two 1:1 interviews, 45 min each. 2 fit questions for each interview, followed by a case. Whole process was very professionally done, but had a tougher time connecting with the interviewers. Be very prepared for the fit questions, they try to throw out curve balls.

Interview Questions

• Cases were both in healthcare - market entry and increasing profitability.
      Unusual fit questions - tell me about how you deal with ambiguity, what industry would you want to work in if you join BCG and what space within that do you think BCG should occupy more of.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Two interviewers, 2 fit questions followed by a case. The whole process was very professional, however it was hard to connect with the interviewer within such a short time.

Interview Questions

• Both cases were in healthcare, first was market entry and second was increasing profitability.
      Unusual fit questions included "how do you deal with ambiguity", "what industry would you want to work in if you join BCG".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

After sending an interview invitation, BCG provided a number of resources to help prepare: a buddy who gave me a practice case over the phone, an on-site case interview workshop, a small group brainstorming and structuring workshop, and an on-site practice interview.

My first-round interview consisted of two ~hour-long meetings, with an APD consultant and a principal in the industry most relevant to my dissertation. Each meeting included some informal questions about my background, a case interview, and time to ask questions of the interviewer. Both interviewers were very friendly: this gave me the (apparently incorrect) impression that they were satisfied with my responses, which at least kept me relaxed throughout.

I interviewed on a Thursday and received the notice that I had not advanced to the second round the following Monday: a short email rather than a phone call. I heard during the process that there would be a novel case format for those who continued to the second round, but know nothing about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through school after finishing grad school. I had a few connections who I made sure knew I was applying. I think anyone who has the academic and professional credentials who deserve an interview should be given one; however, the reality is that there are so many qualified people. I know BCG is trying to vamp up their minority consultant profiles so if you are a person of color, gay, or a veteran, you should really highlight this in your resume and BE SURE to reach out to people in the "BCG Network". Assuming you are a good candidate, this will get you an interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you take the job today if we offered it to you?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between leadership and management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied in July 2015 for an ADC consultant position and was contacted in mid August to schedule an onsite interview. Interviewed with two consultants at BCG New York in mid Sept. Each gave a 15min behavioral session followed by a 30min candidate-led case interview. Solved the cases with the help of the consultants but unfortunately didn't get into the decision round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a leadership story? How to improve the revenue of a regional bank?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online. Invited to their office for first round. 2 in-person interviews, 45 minutes each, 1:1, behavioral + case. Nothing was out of the ordinary with cases. One case was about revenue growth, the other was about cutting cost. One interviewer has MBA, the other is a PhD. The whole interview process was fast. Heard back next working day.

Interview Questions

• Routine behavioral questions. One did ask about something on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I just applied online from a college alumni career posting and then the interview was setup at the local or regional office of your choice. Interview was with a new consultant and a principal.