Boston Consulting Group Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

3.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Between my application and my final interview the process lasted from June-September. I had 1 initial phone interview, 2 video interviews, then 1 final in person interview. Everyone was very pleasant and the interviews were relaxed and conversational. I did ask for feedback as to why I was not given an offer and did not receive a response so I was a little down about that because I was told I could email them at any point about my interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through my recruiter -- it was a rather long interview process but the team that I met with were very friendly, outgoing and loved the company they worked for. They sat you down in a room and you met with three different people that would "test" different skill sets by asking a number of questions. Some of the questions were a little repetitive so it was hard to answer in ways that was different than before but still engaging. Overall, I think the interview process is interesting and I would go back for another interview if given the opportunity.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2015.

Interview

Sent my resume into a recruiting firm where the company was listed as confidential. Took 2 months to interview. Then another month to find out if I was going to be asked to come back for an additional round.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

After the brief phone interview, I was scheduled for the face-to-face interview. During the interview, I was required to create (actually, duplicate) PPT, solve simple math problems, and write an email requesting for a meeting. Each was done within certain minutes. After these tasks, there was actual interview with senior executive assistant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, so I sent in my resume and got contacted back shortly thereafter. I had a phone interview with the Administrative Services Manager and was asked to go in for 3 back-to-back-to-back interviews the next week. The in-person interviews were with two Executive Assistants and the HR Manager. It was a very smooth and efficient process.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge I faced as an Executive Assistant at my previous company and how did I tackle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the position through my recruiter. They had me take 3 tests including a PP, Math and Writing. The tests were not terribly difficult but it would help to brush up on your 5th grade math (no calculator or excel allowed.) After the test I was this brought in to interview with the Sr. Exec. Asst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position and BCG?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First, an email to request and phone interview. Then if all goes well an in-person interview with the broader team and HR member. I met with three team members and one HR consultant.

Interview Questions

• Everyone had the same questions because they read it off of a sheet that HR printed out for them. It was repetitive and insincere.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

I was brought in by an outside recruiter. I met with two human resources professionals in the office. They generallly asked me questions about my experience and how I worked with changing deadlines, technology, etc. They described the practice areas for each of the partners (2) that would be supported in the position. One important distinction to note is that Administrative Assistants work with analysts and consultants while Executive Assistants only support Partners.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

telephonic interview was the first round and was successful to the second round which was scheduled with the HR and then passed with the HR leader. After passing through the same, had the final interview with the MD

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

2 interviewers both asking questions, competency based and quite basic. Little reaction or conversation from either. Lasted about 45 mins, and seemed to go well although no offer was made. Feedback wasn't given, so overall unhelpful process

Interview Questions

• Give an example of time where you had to employ excellent time management skills   Answer Question