Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in Germany | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.8

Consultant (Data Science) At BCG Gamma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process includes one telephone interview with HR, one personal interview at BCG and the last step is a personal meet and greet in Paris. The personal interview is structered in three parts and takes 3 hours:
    - Online-Test
    - Presentation of homework-case
    - Case-Study
    The atmosphere was very relaxed and the interviewers were very nice. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an invitation for a first interview round in the Munich office
    Process was handled extremely professionally, i was provided with material to prepare for the interview
    2 interview with personal fit questions and case studies
    1 test, testing my mathematical and business skills

My interview partners were very friendly and open, interested in finding out why I wanted to change from corporate to consulting and challenging me to explain them my career in a very structured way

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting experience/project you had/did that is not listed on this CV   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)).

Interview

Very unprofesional. I expected more from such a large company and big repputation throughout the years. The interview was relative easy. I god feedback the next day. Apparently the "personal fit" was not right.

Interview Questions

• Multiply what is 1/3 of 7?   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2016.

Interview

Telephone-interview (Frankfurt-Munich). The interviewer was late, 30 min(!). A young consultant, under a lot of pressure and lacking empathy, bad combination... First, 20 min questions about CV and leadership/team-work, then I was asked to solve a case study over the phone, a candidate-led one, it was very challenging. Despite all the money BCG is investing in creating the image of a peoples´ creativity and leadership oriented company (YouTube channel, TEDtalks, etc), the interview felt more like a standardized test, either you fit in the mold or you´re out, disappointing...

Interview Questions

• What do you feel most proud of? Characteristics of a leader? Teamwork? Case-study: LED producer for the car industry, calculate market size and growth.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in December 2015.

Interview

Kind people and perfectly organised, interview process hard but not 100% objective and it's a pity there is only one consultant per Interview so there cannot be any peer reviews - in my case there was one guy who kicked me out, but the others could not really argue because they hadn't been in the interview. Although that interview was definitely the one which went best. As you can see there's a huge subjectivity in the process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Very professional, always eager to help and provide valuable tips, contributed to travel costs, interviewers were very welcoming and it seemed more like an exchange between equals rather than an interview

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2013.

Interview

Started out with a boring presentation, then written test (not much time) and lastly 2 Interviews. One was in German, one in English. Each had one case study and standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the disruptive potential of private solar power to energy providers.   1 Answer

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consists of two days. The first day had a written assessment test and two 1-on-1 case interviews; the athmosphere was friendly and the questions fair. The interviewers guide you through the case and challenge your thinking process.

If you are successful, you get invited for a final day. The second day consisted of 4 case interviews and a behavioral role play. Afterwards, the interviewers discuss and communicate decisions in person.

Interview Questions

• How do you assess whether a pharmaceutical company should offer a vaccine for a disease for which they currently sell medication?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2012.

Interview

Online application, followed by an invitation to solve an assessment test in the office.
    The test was quite tight in terms of time, but nothing more than pure math.
    Then a 2 one-on-one interview, with a small personal component and then two case interviews. One case was about organizational design, the other was a new product evaluation and conditions to succeed.

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was a new product evaluation, which was completely random and unexpected.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Nach Online Bewerbung innerhalb von zwei Wochen Rückruf.
    Sehr schneller und freundlicher Ablauf der Bewerbung.
    Sehr kompetentes Feedback und Empfehlungen, wo auf persönliche Entwicklung und Kompetenzen errötet wurden.
    Insgesamt eine tolle Erfahrung und sehr gute Organisation von Boston Consulting Group.