Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

3.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two round. First round was a group interview with one other applicant and the interviewer. It was all behavioral questions. Second round was two case interviews. The first round was in the office closest to my school. The second round was in the office I would be interning at.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're interested in? Talk about a problem in that area.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round of interviews is comprised of two back-to-back interviews, each with about 15 minutes of personal questions (ie: "name a time when you led a group to achieve a tangible goal.") The second part is a 25 minute case question.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you failed." and the case portion in general   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of behavioral questions to get a better idea if I was compatible to work in their work environment. Have millions of qualified applicants but need to find the BCG fit and thats what they try to look for in interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied through my university, then had several back to back interviews for both fit and a case. I got one relatively standard case, but also one that threw me for a loop with the estimation required, though I believe it was intended to also see how well I adapted to less standard ideas. Overall though, the process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your greatest weakness", and case questions of course.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

You will have two 45-minute back-to-back interviews, including both case (35 minutes) and behavioral (10 minutes). The cases can be confusing if you don't clarify terms you don't know of. Be sure you communicate the process well. Listen and observe the interviewers. Sometimes they will pressure test you. Behavioral part is a typical process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took one week. It was a good experience. Two interviews on campus (both cases and fit) but focused on case. Next day I received a call that I had made it to the final round. The final round was four days later and took place at their offices. Final round consisted of three interviews (cases and fit).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First-round interviews at BCG consist of two back-to-back case interviews. Each interview was about 45 minutes long and were one-on-one with a project manager. I was there on one of the ivy days, so there were about 25 other applicants during the time-block I signed up for, and there were 3 time blocks that day.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was regarding a pharmaceutical company wanting to open new distribution channels in Brazil.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

The first round interviews were 2 back to back 45 minutes each. 5-10 minutes were for behavioral/fit questions, 30 minutes dedicated to the case case, and the rest for questions the applicant has. Behavioral questions were pretty straightforward, the interviewer is just trying to get to know you and see how you work on teams. The cases themselves are not super tricky, as long as you have a clear structure and stay organized throughout it. A lot of graphs (you need to ask the right questions to get the chart data) and some math. Interviewers are there to guide you, not trick you. But that being said, the interviews are definitely interviewee-led.

Interview Questions

• When was a time an idea of yours at your last job received pushback, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online. Then had 1 in person interview and 3 phone interviews over the course of 3 months. The overall experience was positive and the interviews weren't too hard - mostly asked behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Case questions are very simple but it takes much preparation. As all other interviews, it is very nerve racking. This case question was about a golf course that rewards its customers for their performance in monetary prizes of different amounts. However, to play a hole costs money and to the chances of customers making the hole is given. Using this information, the interviewee needs to find the break even point and other decision making variables.